Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scary fields

Options
  • 09-10-2017 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Nothing is nicer to me than having my three horse and ponies at home and watching them in the field through the windows. But I walk the field and see a new surge of ragworts growing, at a time when grass is getting scarse. I look up to discover that branches of a Sycamore Maple tree are hanging over my head with their deadly helicopters, I need to fence this side further back, but the winds are getting stronger, the electric tape and plastic stakes won't hold well where they need to stand. A bit further, an lovely Oak tree is sending accorns everywhere - my two fields are surrounded with border trees, not much I can do except more fencing, less space for the horses, more worries.
    Not even talking about the hay that I'm sorting back in the shed, last year I had to throw away 2 round bales that were full of dried ragworts....

Addendum: this post is not only about bad weeds, it includes fencing, holes in the ground, 4-legs and 2-legs visitors, sheds... pics welcome!

I'm sure I'm not the only one with those scares... would you share yours, and eventual solutions?

Advertisement