Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone here broken any laws recently?

• 09-10-2017 11:21am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭

Everyone breaks them. Lots of laws are victimless such as smoking cannabis and selling alcohol after 10 pm. People break laws every day of the week.

What laws have you broken?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Everyone breaks them. Lots of laws are victimless such as smoking cannabis and selling alcohol after 10 pm. People break laws every day of the week.

Howaya guard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I forgot to tag onto the luas last week. that's just how I roll. Like a fcuking tram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I drove my car for 4 month with no road tax cos I forgot initially then I was too busy and kept forgetting.. sorted now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Quiet day at the Station so Garda?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

cbyrd wrote: »
    I drove my car for 4 month with no road tax cos I forgot initially then I was too busy and kept forgetting.. sorted now though.

How can you not pay something that doesn’t exist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Oh I'm not falling for this again....

Oh wait I've said too much.,...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I lit a fag inside the doorway of a pub once because it was windy out, complete disregard for the smoking ban, but whatever.... I don't play by anyones rules.... :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Nude walking

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

This list of laws I havent broken is shorter :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

And what laws have you broken?

I love when people start threads asking questions but never offer up their own opinion first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

There was an incident in Vegas a little while back but I don't really want to talk about it.

How can you not pay something that doesn’t exist?

Eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Sod off officer. Myself and my veehiikle are completely law-abiding.

Eh?

Road tax doesn't exist its motor tax...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I break the law once a week every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I downloaded a car

OK I'll admit it it was me that put the screw in the tuna....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Eh?

Apparently its a reference to the fact that 'road tax' is actually called 'motor tax'. It was originally called road tax (or road fund licence in UK), until it was discovered (here at least) that it wasn't being used to fix any roads.

The fact that you were corrected, on something that doesn't matter a ***K to the rest of us because we knew what you meant, suggests that the poster also knew what you meant but just wanted to correct your terminology.

Consider yourself corrected! Motor Tax, MOTOR TAX!:D

(I still call it road tax:D)

Road tax doesn't exist its motor tax...

Okay pedantic pat, it was always road tax til people figured out that it wasn't being used to fix the roads anymore.
    You understood what I was on about. I was going to tell you all about a little loop hole I exploited but now I'm not :p

Okay pedantic pat, it was always road tax til people figured out that it wasn't being used to fix the roads anymore.
    You understood what I was on about. I was going to tell you all about a little loop hole I exploited but now I'm not :p

But you could tell the rest of us, what would it take, about 20 or 30 pm's?

edit: post count = 21, leaving yourself out and assuming all posts are separate authors, 20 pm;s. Away you go!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

But you could tell the rest of us, what would it take, about 20 or 30 pm's?

69 pms normally work best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I blasphemed during breakfast.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I once hung up the phone and said 'bye' once instead of the usual 43 times.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Your evil :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Your evil :(

I also once didn't bless myself when driving past a graveyard.

I also once didn't bless myself when driving past a graveyard.

Right thats it, I'm banning yo ass :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I left my driving licence at home and drove to Aldi and back. No issues to report, thankfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

HEATHEN!!!!

jonnycivic wrote: »
    69 pms normally work best

I'm almost afraid to ask.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I left my driving licence at home and drove to Aldi and back. No issues to report, thankfully

You mad yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Once pretended to be an off duty garda. in order to get some information out of some kids, after an 'incident' had occured.

didn't really consider the seriousness of doing so at the time.

wont be doing that again.

(may or may not have happened, im using this guys computer and ip address, my name is steve, i have a flight today or possibly some day this week)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I had an old levitate after me breakfast. Those laws of gravity have no hold over me.

Hey I didn't call you out was just helping you out as you questioned why????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I went through a red light on the way to work this morning on my bike, but there was nobody else around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The transgression confession thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

RustyNut wrote: »
    I had an old levitate after me breakfast. Those laws of gravity have no hold over me.

I'm a straight woman but I don't fancy Michael Fassbender.

Take that, Laws of Attraction!

maudgonner wrote: »
    I'm a straight woman but I don't fancy Michael Fassbender.

Take that, Laws of Attraction!

You have one more chance my child - Jamie Dornan ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

You have one more chance my child - Jamie Dornan ?

He seems like a nice lad, but I get no urge to rip his clothes off.

maudgonner wrote: »
    He seems like a nice lad, but I get no urge to rip his clothes off.

Goodo - one less in the queue!!!!!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Ok ok I wasn't gonna mention this but seen as we'r all being so honest WELL... I was busting for a pee one night in my car way out the country and I had no where to go... So I pulled into the side of the road and put my hazards on, I grabbed an empty can of Caco Cloa(know what I mean copyright © and all that)anyway I was standing there peeing into the can(as best I could)and a bloody car pulled up beside me, it was the Guards... I said sorry Gard but I was bust in, he put his blue 'vinyl' gloves on then took the can off me, he then said "we'll need this as evidence, I said jaysizzzz creeeeest shir I didn't even pee on the road, and he said "I don't care I'm doing you for possession of can-a-piss" :-):P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 JollyBustard

Tell me you called back immediately to clarify you weren't mad at them though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Back in 1999 I bought some kids alcohol in the US.
    They told me they were 16 but they were even younger - me like an idiot went ahead and bought it for them.
    I was also there working illegally, If I even knew the trouble I could have gotten into jesus how stupid I was.

I killed and dismembered 3 prostitutes in the last month. Hid their remains in Killarney National Park. Suspect it's against Park rules, but not sure it counts as breaking the law.

I killed and dismembered 3 prostitutes in the last month. Hid their remains in Killarney National Park. Suspect it's against Park rules, but not sure it counts as breaking the law.

It depends, on a Sunday they're fierce strict but it depends on how strictly they enforce park policy.

Perhaps a Healy-Rae could help ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

Fadder.... I've killed a man..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Estrellita wrote: »
    Fadder.... I've killed a man..

You haven't been up to your old tricks Tom have you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

You haven't been up to your old tricks Tom have you ?

I have fadder. And dat udder ting... Twas my money, I just didn't want to fill out de forms :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Huexotzingo

I scoffed a box of After Eights before 8.
    I'm worse than Hitler:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

cbyrd wrote:
    Eh?

cbyrd wrote:
    Okay pedantic pat, it was always road tax til people figured out that it wasn't being used to fix the roads anymore. You understood what I was on about. I was going to tell you all about a little loop hole I exploited but now I'm not

When was it road tax? I know that it's motor tax since at least the late 70s but not sure before that. I'm not sure if it ever was road tax in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've been in a car driving down the wrong side of a dual carriageway.

I'm in India so it's normal....a mad country!

• Advertisement
Advertisement