Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressed Save while composing a post, does that mean draft saved somewhere?

Options
  • 09-10-2017 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

That's it really.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I don't think there is a save button on the site, so your post is most likely gone I'm afraid.

What version of the site are you on and where is the button that you hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Sorry - just realised I'd been editing an existing post, not composing a new one. So of course it's still there!

It would be useful to know if we can save a draft here though. (Thought we could, but may have been thinking of some forum, that saves drafts automatically at intervals).

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Fogmatic wrote: »
    Sorry - just realised I'd been editing an existing post, not composing a new one. So of course it's still there!

It would be useful to know if we can save a draft here though. (Thought we could, but may have been thinking of some forum, that saves drafts automatically at intervals).

Ah, I see, sorry. Post is still there so - might just seem a little wacky to anyone reading depending on the point that you hit Save :)

Nothing is committed to the database here until Save / Post is hit.

Sorry Mark - just realised I'd been editing an existing post, not composing a new one (so of course it's very much there!).

Thank you for your clarification. (I must have been thinking of another website). I have an idea I've been able to copy a draft here to my clipboard though, when in Advanced mode, so maybe that's a workaround.

Thanks for your clarification.

While composing a post, I am able to copy it to my device's clipboard. (Next trick is remembering to!).

• Advertisement
Advertisement