Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby On Board but cannot seem him in the dark

Options
  • 09-10-2017 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭

Ok we have the car seat in the back and the mirror so that I can see Junior while I drive.

All good and well until I am driving at night time and I cannot see him that well.

Cannot leave the interior light on so has anyone got any options possible a light on the car seat but not bright to wake Junior up.

Anyone Bueller?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Stick junior in the front, much easier and can see at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

XsApollo wrote: »
    Stick junior in the front, much easier and can see at all times.

No ISO fix in the front and I feel better when he is in the back secured in car seat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Cordell

No, keep him in the back, it's safer.
    You can use one of these paired with a usb charger and usb extender https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Night-Keyboard-Computer-Outdoor-Warm/dp/B01LVXMGVW/ref=sr_1_5?s=lighting&ie=UTF8&qid=1507547226&sr=1-5&keywords=usb+led+light

but really it's best to keep your eyes on the road, junior will be just fine. Have him properly secured in the car seat, no fluffy jacket and no loose harness and he'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Always put mine behind the drivers seat so that I can not look back. Safer for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Penneys had been selling battery operated LED lights on a string, something like these, you can probably find similar in euro shops or hardware stores. I'm sure you could attach them to the car seat or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Do you need to see him? Mine cope just fine without me for the time we're in the car. He'll be a heck of a lot safer if you keep your eyes on the road.

jlm29 wrote: »
    Do you need to see him? Mine cope just fine without me for the time we're in the car. He'll be a heck of a lot safer if you keep your eyes on the road.

I am fine keeping an eye on the road but other day he was screaming but easier just to pull in and see what the issue is. Just Miss Gunner mentioned it to me any way of seeing in the dark. I mentioned a miners hat.........but that did not go down to well :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Why do you need to see him:confused::confused:

what do you think he is going to be doing:confused:

you should be more concerned with looking at the road and the cars in front

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I agree with others. Keep your eyes on the road.
    If junior starts crying, a lot safer to pull in than to be trying to see him. Only takes a split second with eyes off the road for the worse to happen.
    If you're going on a longer journey than home to shop etc then factor in entertainment/breaks depending on age.

I agree with others. Keep your eyes on the road.
    If junior starts crying, a lot safer to pull in than to be trying to see him. Only takes a split second with eyes off the road for the worse to happen.
    If you're going on a longer journey than home to shop etc then factor in entertainment/breaks depending on age.

I agree and happy for the time but was asked if light fittings could be done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Probably super distracting in that its remote operated but this appears to be what you are looking for

Advertisement