Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA limit

Options
  • 09-10-2017 11:57am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to transfer a large sum of money (20,000<X<40000) to my own account in a foreign bank.
    Can I simply make two transactions on successive days?

The receiving bank has asked me to provide some kind of proof as to the origin of the funds. The funds in question are from an inheritance following the death of a relevance but are not the entirety of the amount.

Do you know what kind of proof I could provide as to the origin of the sum transferred?

Thanks
    Pickarooney

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi pickarooney,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

There is a transfer limit per working day of €20,000 / £20,000 for payments on 365 online.

This amount is inclusive of the €20,000 transaction limit per working day for international (Non SEPA) transfers. For added security, payments to payees added using security code sent to your mobile phone are subject to a working day limit of €10,000 / £10,000.

This limit applies to all transfers within the working day spread over all payees.

In relation to the proof of funds you would need to check this with the bank that is requesting it.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement