Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEXT DAY BATTERIES ****BEWARE****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I love the comments below the vid....thanks for the heads up Doc,I did buy 8 x 18650's a while back,luckily they are still working fine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I seen some of the responses this Josh dude, who runs NDB, gave his customers. Seems a right dickhead. Worse is that he's now thrying to pass the blame on to his suppliers. Saying he ordered legitimate Nitecores. I wouldn't buy batteries abroad anyway, it's the one thing that is better to buy closer to home, as pricey as they may be.

Side note: I'd never watched TVP before, but seen him on Jai Haze's live show last week or so and it was hilarious - If you're bored and want a laugh check that episode out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I don't like and I'm not impressed with this youtube review at all.. Yes fair enough going by all the evidence these chargers are fake... But you got to remember the guy he's slagging off is trying to run a business!? It's very easy to be high and mighty up on your high horse when it's not your cash that is in said business... I'm not condoning the selling of fake goods and that's across the board. But ffs get the matter sorted and discretely and respectfully let the general public know.... Today and everyday right now 'fake'/Chinese non CE'd batteries, chargers, mods etc etc are being sold in every vape shop online or on the high street!? the length and breadth of UK and Ireland.. Whether you like it or not!? I use to sell the ego pen electronic cigs way back 4/5 years ago, I was selling them for €15 and getting them from China for €8.. The exact same Electronic Cigs where being sold in shops here in R.o.I FOR €50 and in NI across the border for £40/£45.. Exact bloody same and they were flying out of the shops.. Only difference was those ones were run through a laser logo printing machine..... There is companies right here TODAY in Europe, America etc etc importing vast amounts of Chinese(well made perfectly safe goods!?)and 'rebranding' with logos, names etc and selling them to you and me....So keep it real lads.

I don't like and I'm not impressed with this youtube review at all.. Yes fair enough going by all the evidence these chargers are fake... But you got to remember the guy he's slagging off is trying to run a business!? It's very easy to be high and mighty up on your high horse when it's not your cash that is in said business... I'm not condoning the selling of fake goods and that's across the board. But ffs get the matter sorted and discretely and respectfully let the general public know.... Today and everyday right now 'fake'/Chinese non CE'd batteries, chargers, mods etc etc are being sold in every vape shop online or on the high street!? the length and breadth of UK and Ireland.. Whether you like it or not!? I use to sell the ego pen electronic cigs way back 4/5 years ago, I was selling them for €15 and getting them from China for €8.. The exact same Electronic Cigs where being sold in shops here in R.o.I FOR €50 and in NI across the border for £40/£45.. Exact bloody same and they were flying out of the shops.. Only difference was those ones were run through a laser logo printing machine..... There is companies right here TODAY in Europe, America etc etc importing vast amounts of Chinese(well made perfectly safe goods!?)and 'rebranding' with logos, names etc and selling them to you and me....So keep it real lads.

Did you watch the full video? did you follow the link underneath it on YT to the thread that was mentioned? did you see the utter douchebag-ness of this Josh guy who runs NDB? His outright racists posts and slating of his own customers! Did you hear the part where "it's not the first time he's done it"?? Damn right videos like this should exist. You're worried about the man's very dodgy and dangerous business? I hope to god nobody who's bought one of his ****ty chargers or dud batteries ends up in a house fire! F him, and hurrah for people like the vaping postman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Watch this then

https://youtu.be/Lb9ULNErv_I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

You must be joking?? He's deliberately and maliciously putting people at risk for profit! That's not something to discuss discretely, one spark and it could cause major damage and injury at minimum. The issue isn't with the rebranding of the product as much as it is to the safety of it, and the outright lie of selling something to a customer knowing full well you are charging for and deceiving them into buying a genuine product when its not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Sadly it is very real, this guy has been caught out selling fake battery chargers similar to the example you quoted yourself re the Ego Pen. I assume his motive was to make as much profit as possible with a minimum outlay and in doing so he has put peoples safety at risk. Not only is TVP correct in exposing this scumbag in the manner he did but I believe this guy and others like him should be closed down and refused permission to trade ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Sadly it is very real, this guy has been caught out selling fake battery chargers similar to the example you quoted yourself re the Ego Pen. I assume his motive was to make as much profit as possible with a minimum outlay and in doing so he has put peoples safety at risk. Not only is TVP correct in exposing this scumbag in the manner he did but I believe this guy and others like him should be closed down and refused permission to trade ever again.

Added to his previous shady practises with other companies he was involved with, it's obvious he doesn't give a fcuk about anything other than profits. A scourge on the vaping industry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

So your telling me he has been racist, he has admitted to selling dangerous goods and he has slated his customers publicly who have given him bad reviews! Fair enough I'll check that other link later.... As far as I knew>>> he sold a fake charger with a plug that had no fuse,, he explained that his supplier was at fault!?. Anyway going by all your posts above looks like he is a complete rogue altogether. Sounds like he'll be hounded out of business in no time at all...

So your telling me he has been racist, he has admitted to selling dangerous goods and he has slated his customers publicly who have given him bad reviews! Fair enough I'll check that other link later.... As far as I knew>>> he sold a fake charger with a plug that had no fuse,, he explained that his supplier was at fault!?. Anyway going by all your posts above looks like he is a complete rogue altogether. Sounds like he'll be hounded out of business in no time at all...

It began with one customer highlighting that he received a fake Nitecore charger, this was verified by the admins of that forum - other members who also bought chargers from the same company began to check the authenticity of theirs - they had simply trusted them to be genuine coming from what they thought was a legit UK business [obviously not knowing about the owner's shadey past] - and many of them found their chargers to also be fake.

He began his rants against customers, he even threw in some anti-Muslim nonsense in which he proclaimed that all Muslims should be ousted from the UK - y'know, just in case any of them are terrorists! - he berated people that left bad reviews for the company on FB and trust pilot, he banned them from his page and deleted any negative posts and continued to try shift the blame.

He is about as professional and trustworthy as a sewer rat. Knowing just ONE iffy charger came from his business should have seen him immediately halt sales of them, run an investigation as to how that charger got mixed up with his genuine batch, and made an actual honest and genuine public post - but .... he knew they were dodgy fakes, of course he did - he made the order to save a few quid. Oh, also he hasn't even refunded the customer who made the initial complaint, and at one point actually denied that they had sold him anything - the guy is a proper mentalist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

It began with one customer highlighting that he received a fake Nitecore charger, this was verified by the admins of that forum - other members who also bought chargers from the same company began to check the authenticity of theirs - they had simply trusted them to be genuine coming from what they thought was a legit UK business [obviously not knowing about the owner's shadey past] - and many of them found their chargers to also be fake.

He began his rants against customers, he even threw in some anti-Muslim nonsense in which he proclaimed that all Muslims should be ousted from the UK - y'know, just in case any of them are terrorists! - he berated people that left bad reviews for the company on FB and trust pilot, he banned them from his page and deleted any negative posts and continued to try shift the blame.

He is about as professional and trustworthy as a sewer rat. Knowing just ONE iffy charger came from his business should have seen him immediately halt sales of them, run an investigation as to how that charger got mixed up with his genuine batch, and made an actual honest and genuine public post - but .... he knew they were dodgy fakes, of course he did - he made the order to save a few quid. Oh, also he hasn't even refunded the customer who made the initial complaint, and at one point actually denied that they had sold him anything - the guy is a proper mentalist

The fact that the plugs for these chargers didn't even have a fuse would have alarm bells ringing for any normal business owner. A battery charger is something that's not only used on a daily basis by the majority of vapers but also an item that most people tend to just plug in and forget about for hours at a time. This asswipe just blowing something so serious off, really say alot about his character not to mention his trying to blackmail customers to remove negative reviews if they expect to get a refund.

I wouldn't be surprised if the authorities get involved in this.

Advertisement