Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Cork a good place to find work?

Options
  • 09-10-2017 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm planning on moving from Spain to Ireland soon but can't decide whether to go to live in Cork or Dublin. It seems that there are more jobs in Dublin, but it's quite expensive. I'm looking for work in restaurants, supermarkets, or housekeeping. Will it be easy to find a job in Cork?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Should be grand I'd say. Look up voxpro and abtran as well, big call centres, pretty much constantly hiring. It's possibly not the best time of year to be looking for service industry work but if you're experienced and willing to work full time you'll find something.

One thing to bear in mind is that while the prices here aren't as ludicrous as Dublin, the rental market is under huge pressure. I moved down in January, I was on my sister's couch until April. I currently have two people crashing at my house because they can't find anything. Unless you have accommodation sorted ahead of time or have people here you can crash with, you'll need to budget for a hostel for probably a few weeks.

Advertisement