Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rapist given joint custody of child

• 09-10-2017 1:55pm

A man rapes a 12 year old girl and impregnates her. Years later he is granted joint custody of their child.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/talalansari/a-judge-gave-a-man-who-raped-a-pre-teen-joint-custody-of
    A man who allegedly raped a 12-year-old girl nearly a decade ago has been granted joint custody and parenting time of the victim's now-8-year-old boy, according to local news reports.

According to the victim's attorney, Rebecca Kiessling, a Michigan judge granted joint custody after a DNA test confirmed that the man, 27-year-old Christopher Mirasolo, was the father.

This absolutely sickens me. I can't imagine what the victim must be going through.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Karsini wrote: »
    A man rapes a 12 year old girl and impregnates her. Years later he is granted joint custody of their child.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/talalansari/a-judge-gave-a-man-who-raped-a-pre-teen-joint-custody-of

This absolutely sickens me. I can't imagine what the victim must be going through.

An 18 year old man rapes a child and the judge appears to side with him to help him get visitation and custody ???

What sort of world are we living in ???

Seems the judge has now backtracked, claiming that he wasn't aware that the father of the child was the rapist.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/10/12/judge-rapist-joint-custody-halted/
    A Michigan judge has halted his own order granting joint custody of an 8-year-old boy to the man who raped his then 12-year-old mother. The controversial ruling was revoked after the judge claimed he didn’t know the father in the custody battle was the same man who committed the assault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Wow was expecting it to be in saudi arabia or something before I clicked in. Thats crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Seems the judge has now backtracked, claiming that he wasn't aware that the father of the child was the rapist.

Pretty important piece of information to be unaware of... :-|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Dave-megadeth-34668987-182-232.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/10/12/judge-rapist-joint-custody-halted/

He already given the rapist her home address. I would make it my life mission to destroy this judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mad muffin wrote: »
    He already given the rapist her home address. I would make it my life mission to destroy this judge.

He changed his ruling after he heard which says that it for some reason didn't come up during the hearing and it's not like they have it on the birth cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

Can the judge face any retribution for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

how could he be the father and not the rapist if the rape caused the child

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Here's a thought.
    the iona institute are against abortion in any cases including rape. But they also lobbied in 2015 that every child deserves a mother and father.

So obviously in their eyes if a woman is raped she can't have an abortion even if she wants one. But would iona institute favor the rapist having visitation rights and a say in the child's upbringing..... After all the rapist is the father.

On the topic of that story, that's incredibly messed up. The judge should be struck off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The state did this to get out of paying the woman welfare. The rapist had nothing to do with it and didn't even know about it until after the fact. Amazing that they will go to these lengths to save a few dollars yet this rapist, who has since committed at least one more rape on an underage girl, isn't in jail

Advertisement