Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

KN1231999 wrote: »
    What do you guys mean by being on a reserve list? So you guys got the call but it's conditional?
    Some of us got the call for a conditional offer for November and a confirmed offer for Jan.
    We basically attend the November induction just like the people that have the confirmed offer for November intake, but we will only be called forward for the November intake if someone with the confirmed offer pulls out or doesn't show at induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

We got the call for a conditional offer for November and a confirmed offer for Jan. We basically attend the November induction just like the people that have the confirmed offer for November intake, but we will only be called forward for the November intake if someone with the confirmed offer pulls out or doesn't show at induction.

Ah, Thank you for informing me. Well.. thats still great! got your spot guaranteed at least :) hopefully some people dont show so you can get that early spot

KN1231999 wrote: »
    We got the call for a conditional offer for November and a confirmed offer for Jan. We basically attend the November induction just like the people that have the confirmed offer for November intake, but we will only be called forward for the November intake if someone with the confirmed offer pulls out or doesn't show at induction.

Ah, Thank you for informing me. Well.. thats still great! got your spot guaranteed at least :) hopefully some people dont show so you can get that early spot

No problem at all! Yes it's a big relief and fingers crossed I can slip into November but no biggie if I have to hold out to Jan!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Smilo89

I like homers idea. Non-boardies would love the fire service. :p

Soooooo guys, do we rock, paper, scissors for any spare November spaces? lol

Looking forward to getting this welcome pack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Make sure you have your original birth certificate and marriage/divorce papers if you haven’t already

• Advertisement

blueboat wrote: »
    Make sure you have your original birth certificate and marriage/divorce papers if you haven’t already

Thanks for that blue will dig the birth cert out tomorrow, hopefully my pack comes tomorrow.

According to induction pack you can stay on in hotel GV regardless of distance up to week 4. Although I’m not the furthest afield I’m considering staying for the experience.

According to induction pack you can stay on in hotel GV accommodation regardless of distance up to week 4. Although I’m not the furthest afield I’m considering staying for the experience.

Would be tempted myself too blue.

Any fellow Tuesday call peeps get their welcome packs yet? Nothing my end yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Are you outside of Belfast, maybe just take a bit longer for Snail Mail to reach you if you are.

The lady said on the phone yesterday said she would send mine out by the end of the day and that I needed to return it sharpish, so hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Are you outside of Belfast, maybe just take a bit longer for Snail Mail to reach you if you are.

The lady said on the phone yesterday said she would send mine out by the end of the day and that I needed to return it sharpish, so hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

Yea outside of the big smoke JC

Yea outside of the big smoke JC

Hopefully we'll have them tomorrow. Am I right in thinking they send out a list of available districts with the pack? If so would this be applicable to us on the reserve list?

They do. You pick four districts. They all carry equal weighting. I assume reserves would get them too, not 100%.

They do. You pick four districts. They all carry equal weighting. I assume reserves would get them too, not 100%.

That's good, hopefully they send them to us backups aswell, would be nice to have an idea of where I could be sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

Any one else's nerves away. I am constantly talking myself out of it then back into it again. I just like to torture myself I think

Trying to reply to you 'letsdoit' but think message system is playing up. Answer is yea lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

According to induction pack you can stay on in hotel GV regardless of distance up to week 4. Although I’m not the furthest afield I’m considering staying for the experience.

So my pack landed today.
    I wonder is this just the booklet they printed at the start of the year and therefore that bit might not be accurate.

Hope it is but I guess we'll find out at induction.

Yea I was thinking the same Homer although would be pretty shoddy to not update pack. We'll find out at induction and a whole lot more I guess! Still buzzing. Fun reading about all the different districts with their individual write ups.

Yea I was thinking the same Homer although would be pretty shoddy to not update pack. We'll find out at induction and a whole lot more I guess! Still buzzing. Fun reading about all the different districts with their individual write ups.

Could have changed their mind again lol

Me too; now I have it in writing I can get my notice handed in :D
    Another step closer to Garnerville!!

Guys my conditional offer for November is now a confirmed offer !
    Absolutely delighted I'm getting started with yous!!

• Advertisement

Same here buddy, congrats!

Brilliant JC congrats to you!! Made this dull Friday a lot better !

Brilliant JC congrats to you!! Made this dull Friday a lot better !

It really did. I saw the private number and thought they were phoning to withdraw my offer for some reason haha.

Nice one. A lot of boardies in this group

Amazing. Well done

Is it only one person we can bring to the induction day. If so I think my ma and partner will have to have a scrap to see who is coming.

Is it only one person we can bring to the induction day. If so I think my ma and partner will have to have a scrap to see who is coming.

I'm not bringing anyone, stops any fighting.

Brilliant news folks :D

They must be dropping like flies already lol

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Smilo89

Yay. Congrats guys.
    Now phone and make mine confirmed!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaase :D

• Advertisement

Congrats on the confirmed offers guys, see you at police academy (must dig that film out for a larf)

Advertisement