Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

blueboat wrote: »
    What letter? Was there something beyond the induction pack confirmation letter?

Probably for the back up folks blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 curiousclicker

I'm on the NOV reserve and still waiting on my pack. torturing the family about the post everyday while i'm in work x) 
    any interesting info in it to look forward to? that you can share on here obvs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

Smilo89 wrote: »
    Any of the "reserves" who got "confirms" receive a letter confirming the confirmed? (I like typing confirmed :P)

Post man just brought it woohoo!

Any of the "reserves" who got "confirms" receive a letter confirming the confirmed? (I like typing confirmed :P)

Lucky you, mine still hasn't come? Does anyone have an email to contact them on? or am I being ridiculously impatient.

Lucky you, mine still hasn't come? Does anyone have an email to contact them on? or am I being ridiculously impatient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Smilo89

Yay! Hopefully mine is there too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Id maybe give them a bell on 101 if it’s not there by tomorrow. Induction is quite close.

Id maybe give them a bell on 101 if it’s not there by tomorrow. Induction is quite close.
    Yeah, I'll give them until tomorrow. I would say they are reluctant to post everyone's out the same day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PCMAC

Hey everyone, just wondering what documents are needed for induction? My passport needs updated in the next while and I wasn’t sure whether I should go ahead now (hoping to be in Jan I take) or if I’ve time to wait until it’s closer to renewal date?
    Also what’s the standing on laptops? Are notes just written or are laptops advised?

Homer be a good lad and get us a wee list made of things to take to induction, ta ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

PCMAC wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just wondering what documents are needed for induction? My passport needs updated in the next while and I wasn’t sure whether I should go ahead now (hoping to be in Jan I take) or if I’ve time to wait until it’s closer to renewal date?
    Also what’s the standing on laptops? Are notes just written or are laptops advised?
    If you passport hasnt expired yet, dont renew it. If it gets held up over the christmas period then its not ideal. So long as its in date for the induction period.
    Notes are generally taken with pen and paper but I have seen more and more people taking iPads and laptops nowadays as they're easier to get on with - plus theres free wifi!

PCMAC wrote: »
    Original birth certificate / original marriage certificate or divorce papers / proof of national insurance / drivers license or passport / military discharge papers if applicable

Got my confirmation letter. Phew! I had already handed my notice in. So I'm glad they didn't change their minds :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PCMAC

Great thanks everyone for your help! All the best to you all starting in November, hope you settle in quickly!

Thanks a lot PCMAC all the best to you too!

Anyone else still in shock we've got this far with induction soon or is it just me lol?
    Can't wait to get started mind.

Anyone else still in shock we've got this far with induction soon or is it just me lol?
    Can't wait to get started mind.

Until the call all you want to do and think about is getting in. Once you get the call you think more about the what ifs.

Just looking forward to induction and the countdown to D-day or should I say GV-day :D

Your right homer, just want it all to start now. Doubts do creep in but then you remind yourself how far you’ve come after all ththis waiting and about to start your dream job. It’s just fantastic!

We find out districts in induction yea?

We find out districts in induction yea?

Yeeeoooo!!

Or yes for short:D

• Advertisement

Lol. Thankfully on a rolling contract with the landlord. Who knows where will end up, could start just throwing darts at the map!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Lol. Thankfully on a rolling contract with the landlord. Who knows where will end up, could start just throwing darts at the map!

Hoping I get one of my selections, I'd be happy with any of them, but I suppose it depends where they need us most.

Would getting a district far away be a problem for anyone?

I think if it happens to me I'll take it anyway, too much effort put in to not go ahead.

I’ll be taking it. Notice handed in current job lol. No turning back now!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Do they ask about children in the induction pack.

Can someone correct me if im wrong but didnt the vetting forms only ask you to list children over aged 16?

Someone out there knows our fate already :P

I'll take wherever they throw me.
    I'm the same blueboat. Notice officially accepted a few days ago. No turning back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Hey everyone congrats on getting your places. I'm applying next week. I was just wondering what made yous choose the districts yous have asked for?
    Was it to do with travel time, or because you wanted to be urban or rural, or to do with the amount of "action" you think you'll get in them particular districts?

Do they ask about children in the induction pack.

Can someone correct me if im wrong but didnt the vetting forms only ask you to list children over aged 16?

Yep. All your immediate family, partners immediate family and your children.

NiK9 wrote: »
    Hey everyone congrats on getting your places. I'm applying next week. I was just wondering what made yous choose the districts yous have asked for?
    Was it to do with travel time, or because you wanted to be urban or rural, or to do with the amount of "action" you think you'll get in them particular districts?

I was influenced in my choices by distance and how likely I am to bump into people I know (I know it's going to happen but would like to keep that possibility to a minimum).

For some reason I have it in my head that most people must want to police in the city. I'm not fussy with regards to urban or rural I just want to do the job, I imagine you get to utilise the majority of your training in both settings.

• Advertisement

**November 2017 Intake**

Alfie12345
    blueboat
    curiousclicker
    goodburger1
    Homer01
    Johannes_Cabal
    letsdoit2013
    metallicakid86
    Smilo89