Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting to lodgers

Options
  • 09-10-2017 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I've been living in this apartment for 2 years now. All original tenants have left and I am left as the only (old) tenant. We don't have a contract and never did. Landlord doesn't seem to care about the apartment or what goes on, once rent is paid and we don't cause any trouble. I have been looking after people coming in and out, i do the rent and communication with the landlord. I currently don't have the rent split evenly, having myself on the lowest rent and the other tenants splitting the rest at a pretty reasonable price for our location. Is this illegal?

The lanlord never mentioned anything about this and neither have I.

Am I allowed do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭C3PO

No legal reason why you shouldn't do it ... whether the other tenants might get pissed off if they were to find out is another thing!

Advertisement