Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Losing weight off face

• 09-10-2017 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I put on weight (A stone and a half), and then managed to lose a stone with Slimming World. I am now a healthy weight and a size 8 so quite slim, but frustratingly for some reason I didn't lose much weight off my face. I'm very self conscious about it and am currently following slimming world again to lose weight off my face but I'm aware I really don't need to lose weight off my body. Is it possible the weight will mainly come off my face as this is the last place left to lose? I hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce fat from a particular area. Your body will decide where the fat comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Skuxx wrote: »
    Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce fat from a particular area. Your body will decide where the fat comes from.

Is it normal for one area to be a bit more stubborn sometimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sallymutti

I always thought weight was supposed to go from your face firs..

Sallymutti wrote: »
    I always thought weight was supposed to go from your face firs..

Unfortunately not for me. My cousin said it came off her face last when she was losing weight, could be a genetic thing for me maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sallymutti

Maybe its a good thing. Comes off my face first which can be aging. A fuller face always looks younger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Is it more weight on your face or have you a puffy face? A puffy face could be helped by changing up the diet a bit as some foods may be causing inflammation

Is it more weight on your face or have you a puffy face? A puffy face could be helped by changing up the diet a bit as some foods may be causing inflammation

It can sometimes be a bit of both but it's definitely weight. My face shape has changed since I first put on weight and it still hasn't gone back to its normal size.

Sallymutti wrote: »
    Maybe its a good thing. Comes off my face first which can be aging. A fuller face always looks younger.

I understand what you mean but it's something I'm very self conscious about so I don't see it as a good thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

How fast did you loose the weight? It can take time for the body to adjust.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Advertisement