Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wales vs Ireland, World Cup Qualifer, kick-off 7.45, RTE 2 & Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

edgecutter wrote: »
    From the Guardian
    If the draw were conducted based on the current rankings, Portugal, Italy, Croatia and Northern Ireland would be seeded, and Sweden, Denmark, the Republic of Ireland and Greece would not be seeded, thus clearing the way for a potential all-Irish qualification shoot-out

What's the permutations if switzerland replace portugal in the draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Two absolutely needless yellows, damn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Inquitus wrote: »
    I think Northern Ireland will be ranked, they are currently 20th in the world, and as such they would be our best bet out of Portugal, Croatia, Italy and Northern Ireland?

They have lost last 2 games so will drop down a bit in the rankings

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Oat23 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just a c*nt but my favourite memory from WC 2014 is the fans crying in the stands as Brazil were being spanked by the Germans. What a great day that was.

This little sh*t in particular.

crying-brazil-fan-1.gif

Nah, I feel sorry for the kids. I Remember being in tears when Ireland Lost to Italy in Italia 90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

3 of McClean's 4 goals in this group have been winners. Irishman must be fuming!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Jesus I need a lie down after that,,,my nerves are shot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

From the Guardian
    If the draw were conducted based on the current rankings, Portugal, Italy, Croatia and Northern Ireland would be seeded, and Sweden, Denmark, the Republic of Ireland and Greece would not be seeded, thus clearing the way for a potential all-Irish qualification shoot-out

give us the 06. we would beat them no bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Was Brady even watching the game? No indiscipline, except for the Meyler tackle? What about McClean's kung fu kick on Ramsey in the final few minutes and his needless push on Williams?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

pjohnson wrote: »
    3 of McClean's 4 goals in this group have been winners. Irishman must be fuming!!!!

Why would i be, i said before he scored i'd love him to score
    You are quiet childish you know, since ive pointed this out already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

From the Guardian

Well rankings have to be updated yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭briany

Watching Craig Bellamy on Sky Sports right now be like,

hqdefault.jpg

A bit weird from MON there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ah, Jaysus, Martin, what was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Martin O'Neill just doesn't like Tony O'Donoghue does he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

That was bizzare? What was Martin at there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Did MON do the interview with McClean to make sure he behaved himself?

• Tony O Donohue is some clown

Trying to take the buzz out of McLean by saying it hit his shin

Ffs

Totally disagree with Liam there tbf. Any of the other teams would fancy getting us, let's be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

DDC1990 wrote: »
    That was bizzare? What was Martin at there?

He knew the question was coming about the possibility of playing NI, so he pulled McClean out of there.

Tony: "Your fellow Derry man...."

Yoink!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Martin wanted to lamp Tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

P4PgYzSiSA_m6Hok32h3-A.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Huw Edwards presenting the BBC news right now. Looks truly gutted.

Even in victory MON is a buzzkill

Dunphy has now gone at least 10 minutes without mentioning Wes.

In other news hell has frozen over.

SNAP - Knew it couldn't last!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

From the Guardian

We will drop in the rankings on the back of two losses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

FFS Eamon Williams is not captain of Everton

I don't like him. It's not personal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

fyfe79 wrote:
    Tony: "Your fellow Derry man...."

I thought he was just going to ask James about Martin and what a job he's done. Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Very dogged performance tonight,defence was superb,really hope we get a somewhat easy draw because any decent side will have us handy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hamilton is some clown

Trying to take the buzz out of McLean by saying it hit his shin

Ffs

That wasn't Hamilton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dunphy my view is right even if it's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I detest Tony O Donohue.

How dare he suggest McLean shinned it. What a clown.

Hope MON decks him some day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm possibly his biggest critic, but McClean was unreal tonight. Lead the press in that 2nd half, and I've no doubt it energised others. He was a one man pressing machine at times.

It can't be underestimated his important our press was in those last 10 minutes. Hendrick, Meyler and McClean in particular. It forced Wales to have to lob the ball forward from behind the halfway line rather than from 10 yards inside our half. Made defending the long balls that bit easier. Awesome energy and discipline to keep doing that when the pain in their legs would've been telling them to drop off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

awec wrote: »
    We will drop in the rankings on the back of two losses.

Yeah I think Sweden will overtake N. Ireland pushing them into the unseeded pot

God I miss Bill at times like this. Darragh Maloney is as exciting as white bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's either Portugal, Italy, Denmark or Croatia lads.

So, anyone but Portugal, Italy or Croatia hopefully!

I'd take Croatia. They are at their worst ebb in a decade and a half and, yes they won away tonight (this Ukraine team are far from anyway brilliant), they are also on a poor run of results. In comparison Denmark are a team on a great unbeaten run and brimming of confidence with some very good technical players also. in their midfield and forward line, all playing at the top level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

MON is such a passive aggressive, petty little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Rezident

Brilliant! More proof that Martin O Neill knows so much more about football than those moaning mouths in the studio.

As if there was ever any doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

murpho999 wrote: »
    Martin O'Neill just doesn't like Tony O'Donoghue does he?

He's a little stirrer when things not going well. I hate him

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

I'd imagine the clubs won't be too happy with the shift some of our lads put in tonight :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

C'mon Richie. So begrudging in his praise. "All they had to do was defend." We kept a clean sheet away from home. I'd like to know what the odds were before the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Esse85 wrote: »

The amount of snide digs Tony OD has made at him, it's amazing he still lets the pr!ck interview him.

Ask the questions and keep your bloody opinion to yourself you troll Tony.

Esse85 wrote: »

He comes across dreadfully. For an educated and experienced man, who clearly has an intellect and hinterland that extends beyond football, he always seems tense, defensive and petty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Seanie is from kk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm possibly his biggest critic, but McClean was unreal tonight. Lead the press in that 2nd half, and I've no doubt it energised others. He was a one man pressing machine at times.

It can't be underestimated his important our press was in those last 10 minutes. Hendrick, Meyler and McClean in particular. It forced Wales to have to lob the ball forward from behind the halfway line rather than from 10 yards inside our half. Made defending the long balls that bit easier. Awesome energy and discipline to keep doing that when the pain in their legs would've been telling them to drop off.

jaysus you havent met Irishman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'd take Croatia. They are at their worst ebb in a decade and a half and, yes they won away tonight (this Ukraine team are far from anyway brilliant), they are also on a poor run of results. In comparison Denmark are a team on a great unbeaten run and brimming of confidence with some very good technical players also. in their midfield and forward line, all playing at the top level

Denmark might have Eriksen but they still have Bendtner :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Shane Duffy's performance at times was Richard Dunne-esque.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Denmark might have Eriksen but they still have Bendtner :-)

Lord Bendtner to you sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

O'Neills interview with Sky was alright, obviously he has issues with the Rte set up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

SlickRic wrote: »

Always think him immense bar tonight with 40 seconds to go:eek: silly free give away but have probably never seen a worse free taken, thank God

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement