Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody else like crisp sandwiches??

• 09-10-2017 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭

So just home from work. Have a quick look in the fridge but there’s nothing in there that I fancy , so I grab some bread buttered and a packet of tatyo and make a nice crisp sandwich, o it’s just lovely , take me back to the good old days. Anybody else like a crisp sandwich with a pipeing hot cup of tea .?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Ooooh me favourite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Never had one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

No, they’re mank. The whole double carb thing bemuses me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Etc

Crisp sandwiches are fcukin marvelous, there I've said it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

_Dara_ wrote: »

Carbs on carbs is the dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

They're lovely. Two cuts of Brennan's, lashings of butter and a bag of Tayto's cheese and onion. Then a can of Club Orange to wash it all down and you're on easy street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

house45 wrote: »
    So just home from work. Have a quick look in the fridge but there’s nothing in there that I fancy , so I grab some bread buttered and a packet of tatyo and make a nice crisp sandwich, o it’s just lovely , take me back to the good old days. Anybody else like a crisp sandwich with a pipeing hot cup of tea .?

No you're the only person in the whole world that likes this.
    Are there any other things you like doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not a fan of a trio then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Not carbs, CRISPS!

• Advertisement

You’re doing it all wrong.

King Cheese & Onion for the win.

Just finished one before spotting this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Love a crisp sandwich, but it has to be cheese and onion King.

Leaves me pondering here, which is best, batch loaf or sliced pan - can't decide

SNAP!

begbysback wrote: »
    Leaves me pondering here, which is best, batch loaf or sliced pan - can't decide

Sliced pan.

Crisp sumbitches made with batch?

Freak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Etc

Love a crisp sandwich, but it has to be cheese and onion King.

This man speaks the truth, King all the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

No you're the only person in the whole world that likes this.
    Are there any other things you like doing?

Have to admit , I’m also a lover of a nice tick banana sandwich , it’s the little things in life I enjoy the most.

Soft round roll, butter, salad cream, ham and walkers salt n vinegar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

WTF???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

In Ireland this is a rhetorical question.

• Advertisement

WTF???

Don’t knock it till you try it, housey.

And I don’t like cheese n onion

JayZeus wrote: »
    Sliced pan.

Crisp sumbitches made with batch?

Freak.

I used to think that too, but then one day I go to the press and I find only have batch loaf, so I say fcuk it I'm having a crisp sammich and I don't care.

Twas nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

You can have sandwiches without crisps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Gonna have a wheelies sammich later on, just bought a multipack in dunnes for just that reason.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I love a crisp sambo but only with cheese and onion. Any other flavour in a sandwich is just disgusting and wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Crap bread and crisps over here. . . I miss home

Some right sick fux in this world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Have to admit , I’m also a lover of a nice tick banana sandwich , it’s the little things in life I enjoy the most.

I really hope you're female 'cos your post has put a tingle in my trousers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

Yes Please, I'll have mine made with a packet of Hunky Dory's Cheese & Onion. Thank you!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Never had one:eek:
    Don't even like crisps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Add some Heinz Ketchup..yum !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Super fresh sliced pan, lashings of salad cream (no butter) and tayto cheese and onion. Amazing. I have tried it with many other crisps, it they simply aren’t quite right.

MrP

Some right sick fux in this world.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

begbysback wrote: »

Batch loaf heels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Hunky dory buffalo with mayo makes for a lovely crisp sambo too. Snax in a white baguette roll with butter are another favourite of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Salt & Vinegar with spreadable cheese on white sliced pan.
    Or
    Cheese & Onion with butter on white sliced pan.

Its generally around Christmas when I'd have this for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Waffles are another crisp that makes a lovely sandwich filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I think a crisp roll is my favourite meal. I have my own technique and the result is guaranteed to make the women do a Meg Ryan and the men wish they wore a condom.

First, you get your demi baguette. The biggest mistake people make is that they pick up any demi baguette in the belief that they're all the same. Sorry but no, they aren't. If it's too soft then it'll assume some sort of foetal position in the microwave (yes, the microwave. What is this, amateur hour?) and if it's too hard then you risk splitting it in two at the cutting stage, at which point you've f*cked it and you're better off doing French bread pizza instead.

Assuming you've found a not-too-soft and not-too-hard roll, you want to make a shallow incision at one end of the baguette and drag the blade across to the other side without going too deep. There are many activities where the general rule of thumb is that the deeper, the better, but this is not one of them.

Now what you want to do is open it up carefully and spread your butter with the care and finesse of an artist. The butter knife is your paint brush. Once that's done you'll want to get your crisps of choice, open the bag and then crush the crisps. You DON'T want to crush your crisps without opening the bag, or the packet might pop like an 18-year-old boy after his debs when his date peels off the first shoulder strap. This is key.

Once the crisps are crushed, carefully tilt the bag over the roll and distribute the crisps into the baguette evenly to ensure a packed and balanced roll. This is also key. You don't want to take that all-important first bite only to find out that there's f*ck all content there.

Now here's the secret bit: put the roll into the microwave for about 10-15 seconds - any longer and it goes as limp as a tenner. When you take it out the baguette should be smelling delicious, the butter should be melted into the dough and you're ready for your first taste of heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Stick some peanut butter on that *Italian chef kissing fingers emoji*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Just thinking about bread, butter and crisps combined makes me retch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 JollyBustard

Lads I'm drooling here! Haven't had a proper crisp sammich in many moons :(

Carbs on carbs is the dream

I’m not keen. Too stodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Is butter a standard thing? Never spruced my Tayto sandwiches up - two slices of bread and loads of Taytos...Am I missing out?

🤪

.red. wrote: »
    Not carbs, CRISPS!

Which are complex carbohydrates. I was talking about two different types of carbohydrate so I placed them under an umbrella term.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JollyBustard

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Is butter a standard thing? Never spruced my Tayto sandwiches up - two slices of bread and loads of Taytos...Am I missing out?

Definitely! Butter is a requirement. But, as other posters have said - loads and loads!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've never said to myself; 'I'd love a crisp sambich' and then off to make one.

It's normally a case of 'here's a crisp sanbich Boomer' and me scoffing the f*cker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭AidanadiA

Best thing ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Don't your crisps all fall out in a shower of crumbs?

butter makes the crisps STAY in the sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

oh yea, butter is a MUST!! yum yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

pwurple wrote: »
    Don't your crisps all fall out in a shower of crumbs?

butter makes the crisps STAY in the sandwich.

I usually have a plate too (ooooh, fancy). Then you get leftover scraps

🤪

• Advertisement
Advertisement