Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

Options
  • 10-10-2017 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi - I was looking to get a car insured in my own name . I have a full driving licence for over 15 years and been a named driver on another policy during this time . I only discovered today that for one year insurance was driving on open insurance and because this was within the last five years it means that five years minimum as a named driver is no longer valid for the quote . As a result my quotes ( for the companies who will quote me ) is now a couple of grand .

Is there any way around this ? Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

neerb wrote: »
    Hi - I was looking to get a car insured in my own name . I have a full driving licence for over 15 years and been a named driver on another policy during this time . I only discovered today that for one year insurance was driving on open insurance and because this was within the last five years it means that five years minimum as a named driver is no longer valid for the quote . As a result my quotes ( for the companies who will quote me ) is now a couple of grand .

Is there any way around this ? Many thanks in advance

How many years in a row do you have at the moment? Aftet the open drive year.

Advertisement