Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can I get a 600cc Supersport?

Options
  • 10-10-2017 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Liberty. 
    I am a 23 year old with a Full A2 licence.
    I started riding 1 year ago on a CBR 125.
    I changed to a Yamaha R3 about 8 months ago.
    I have had my full licence for 6 months now.
    LEGALLY in 5 months when I turn 24 I can go for an A licence via direct access.
    My other option is to wait until I have completed 2 years on a full A2 licence (another 18 months) and get my full A licence by progressive access.
    However I tried to get a quote for insurance on ab R6 from you guys and they told me I would have to be 25 before I could be insured on an R6.
    Would this still be the case if I had 2 years no claims, or If I was to have the bike restricted?
    Or if I was to receive the highest skill assessment from my rider coach?
    And would the same rules apply for a GSXR 600, CBR 600 and a Ninja ZX6R.
    Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

samluke wrote: »
    Hi Liberty. 
    I am a 23 year old with a Full A2 licence.
    I started riding 1 year ago on a CBR 125.
    I changed to a Yamaha R3 about 8 months ago.
    I have had my full licence for 6 months now.
    LEGALLY in 5 months when I turn 24 I can go for an A licence via direct access.
    My other option is to wait until I have completed 2 years on a full A2 licence (another 18 months) and get my full A licence by progressive access.
    However I tried to get a quote for insurance on ab R6 from you guys and they told me I would have to be 25 before I could be insured on an R6.
    Would this still be the case if I had 2 years no claims, or If I was to have the bike restricted?
    Or if I was to receive the highest skill assessment from my rider coach?
    And would the same rules apply for a GSXR 600, CBR 600 and a Ninja ZX6R.
    Thanks for the help.
    Hi Samluke

Can you DM me with your policy reference and the registration number for the bike you were looking for a quote on if you have this and we will look into this for you. 

Regards 
    Seán

Advertisement