Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours gutter caused mold

Options
  • 10-10-2017 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

Tricky one. Was asked to advise on this. Not me personally.

House A. Hero
    House B. Rental property.

Both houses mid terrace.

Landlord didnt maintain house B Gutters in bad repair. Leaking. Damp in adjoining wall. Mold on walls in House A. Caused by leak in gutter on House B.

Insurance came out for house A. Wont cover mold. Advise contact neighbour landlord. Uncontactable. Landlord just put the house B up for sale.

How to proceed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Contact selling agent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

A house round the corner from me was on the market for a very long time. The house next door had a big sign in their front window "BOUNDARY DISPUTE". They took down the sign after a deal was reached and the house sold quickly thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

A house round the corner from me was on the market for a very long time. The house next door had a big sign in their front window "BOUNDARY DISPUTE". They took down the sign after a deal was reached and the house sold quickly thereafter.

Hahhaha, thats brilliant. Cute hooooooooorrre.

back to topic, sounds like a civil matter to me. One for your solicitor. Id argue you might be best to go and get the gutters cleaned next door yourself but theres an insurance implication in that.

Advertisement