Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah. It will never replace 'I'm really feeling it!' From the first game and X.

Glad people are finally getting into the combat. Great to know I'm not crazy and Johnny ultimate is wrong :p

• Retr0gamer wrote: »

Glad people are finally getting into the combat. Great to know I'm not crazy and Johnny ultimate is wrong :p

Is it really your GOTY already?
    How many hours have you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Saruhashi

Banjo wrote: »
    There was a huge discussion on reddit around the meaning of "don't forget me" because the emphasis on the words makes it sound like they are about to die and it's a plaintive "don't *forget* me!" but the timing suggests it's more of a surprise attack - "don't forget *me*!".
    The conclusion was turn it off either way :D

I suppose they just had the voice actor read the line but forgot to give them any context.

The intonation is so flat it's just seems like a random phrase thrown into the battle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Retr0gamer wrote: »

Is it really your GOTY already?
    How many hours have you in?

Played feck all of it but like it. Doubt it will be anywhere my goty. Mario Odyssey will take some beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Actually I played a bit more last night, again. And having a full party finally made sense to me how ( or at least semi how ) combat works. Taking away characters and introducing other characters for 10h while trying to teach you was very wrong way of doing it.
    I havent pulled off that full party chain combo, but now I am pulling off those normal combos where I need 3 different elements. Not very reliably, but at least I know what I need to do.

Introducing Poppy as a second blade was a bit wrong if you ask me. Just introduce more complexity on a player who has already case of "head full of f***"

Whats the story with unique monster gravestones? I found them now, but when I used it, I didnt see anything come out. Or is it after you kill some unique enemy and want to give a go at it again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I havent pulled off that full party chain combo
    It's so satisfying though, and if they are on low health getting 'OVERKILL' flash on screen. I missed the first few times that you need to select the character quickly in order to get higher % damage boosters
    Whats the story with unique monster gravestones? I found them now, but when I used it, I didnt see anything come out. Or is it after you kill some unique enemy and want to give a go at it again?

That's my undestanding.

I bonded this guy last night - just reminds me of Baymax from Big Hero 6. He bounces around the screen getting in the way all the time though.
    Boreas_album.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Back up to €59.99 in Argos oh well, South Africa here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

After losing about 5 hours after a poxy update and forgetting there is no autosave.

After losing about 5 hours after a poxy update and forgetting there is no autosave.

Ah balls! Glad I had the mad idea to save before update last night!
    It is a bit odd that it only seems to autosave after finishing a chapter, or when you bond a blade - though probably makes sense for latter to stop constant reloads to spawn rares.

That said I've used about 60 crystals so far and only gotten 3 rares none of which were from using boosters- FFS! It's nice that releasing blades at least gives you boosters back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

ShaneU wrote: »
    Back up to €59.99 in Argos oh well, South Africa here I come.

I'm losing hope on that. I have a reservation, but that was supposed to be here 2 days ago. Still have one for 37.99 but don't expect it to be honoured at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got a copy in Smyths for 50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Jesus h. After thinking people were exaggerating after playing it for a bit i can totally see why you you change to subtitles.

30 hours in, lv30 and just finished chapter 3. Gonna be a long haul!

0 rare blades from 6 rare crystals this evening... Then the first 2 common ones throw both up rare blades... Then nothing for the next 10. I've gotten into a habit of just using up 10 crystals as soon as I settle in to play each day as there is no logic to it!

Think that brings me to 5 rare blades total from 60+ crystals

25 crystals bonded in a row to rex. 1 rare healer, 17 normal healers. Ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Played this for half an hour last night. I say "played", it seemed perfectly content to trundle slowly along by itself. Only had to touch the controller 3 times. Once to initiate an auto attack battle, once to save and once to turn it off and switch to Skyrim. Come back, Pokemon moon, all is forgiven...

Yer man's voice sounds like the emasculated stay at home dad from Motherland. Wont be able to stick that. Switching to Japanese asap if I can be arsed playing again.

It takes a long time to get going but once it actually lets you play it gives you an awful lot of freedom.

The lack of autosaving is annoying! Game crashes on me last night and I lost 4 hours of play, 3or4 character levels, a Merc level and god knows what else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It takes a long time to get going but once it actually lets you play it gives you an awful lot of freedom.

I know I was warned but I'm not sure I can be bothered. I thought it would be slow but Jesus... All this foreshadowing about the world grinding to a halt and dying, and all I can think is that the whole game plot is a metaphor for how boring the game is, which is very clever but not very fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Banjo wrote: »
    Played this for half an hour last night. I say "played", it seemed perfectly content to trundle slowly along by itself. Only had to touch the controller 3 times. Once to initiate an auto attack battle, once to save and once to turn it off and switch to Skyrim. Come back, Pokemon moon, all is forgiven...

Yer man's voice sounds like the emasculated stay at home dad from Motherland. Wont be able to stick that. Switching to Japanese asap if I can be arsed playing again.

I think you just helped me make up my mind on whether to purchase this or not...........Im going with not :)

It's actually a really open ended game with a tonne of player choice and freedom.

It's just that in the first few hours it's just linear dungeons and way too many cutscenes.

• Advertisement

And the storyline is good.
    Like that bit with the 2 girls in the hot tub.... 🀔

Grassey wrote: »
    And the storyline is good.
    Like that bit with the 2 girls in the hot tub.... ��

It's called anime son.

w-t-f-anime_o_965014.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's an awfully big gun to keep in there....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

It's a toss up between this and splatoon 2 at the moment. Totally different games and genre I know. :o

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    That's an awfully big gun to keep in there....

Ahhhhhh So that's what the cryptic comment to the lady with the tail meant.

• Dat Gif Tho

Okay, I am honestly trying to give this game a chance and after 21h ( level 28 characters ) I am just throwing in a towel. I might still try to play it again, but only because I can't really afford another game for switch right now.

World is big, yes, and travel from one place to another takes ages, specially when you get cought in battles all the time. They take ages! To make it worse, you fight one group of enemies and it takes just one random enemy to wonder in to shift the balance and you end up dying after a very long battle respawning at the beginning with nothing to show.
    Another thing that just pissed me off and made me turn off the game just now. I picked a fight with level 26 rare monster. All was going good until Nia decided to use frost dps blade and not her main healing blade. For that particular AI idiocy I had a crapy healing blade. Switching to it when she does it. Unfortunately I finally managed to get a rare Water axe blade on my character and swaped it for healing blade. So obviously when Nia went bananas I could not save us at all. My party died after very long fight, while monster walked away with less then half hp.
    Maybe I dont know something, but why would you give different blades to your party if they switch roles like that in a most stupid way. Its like your job to have all 3 type of blades and just swap according what stupidity yout AI party will pull off.

Everytime I try to sit down and play it, I feel like I do so little progress, because how long everything takes. Sometimes after a session I feel like I havent achieved anything at all as I get killed in most cheesy way and go back to start.

Are you maybe taking on enemies that are above your level? In xenoblade you should be OK with enemies 3 levels above you but after that expect a long fight or an assessment kicking. Also fighting is not the most efficient way to level up, exploring and side quests are.

If you take on rare monsters you usually have to take them on at a higher level as them as they can be very difficult.

Are you maybe taking on enemies that are above your level? In xenoblade you should be OK with enemies 3 levels above you but after that expect a long fight or an assessment kicking. Also fighting is not the most efficient way to level up, exploring and side quests are.

If you take on rare monsters you usually have to take them on at a higher level as them as they can be very difficult.

Nah m8, I learned that lesson already. You can get away by attacking enemy ( normal one ) one or two levels higher then you, but anything abpve that is a sucuide.
    You right about leveling and I hunt down as many side quests as I can. Its funny how you gp to sleep and wake up 3 levels higher. :)
    That rare monster was 26 and my full party 28. I was doing fine as I said, until Nia went all derp and took out frost dps blade. At this point I am debating if its even worth it to give different role blades to your party members if you dont want it to become a mess. I can only equip two blades right now, so I guess my new rare water axe will habe to go on the bench, until I get third spot.

I know I sound like a moaning bastard about this game, but I am genuinely giving it a chance. Played 21h++ so far and its still very impressive huge game on a handheld. With getting more blades and having a lot more fights I learned a lot how to combo stuff works and it does feels satisfying.
    But god, how it manages to piss me off lol.

• Advertisement

I'm 62 hours in now at start of chapter 5.

I think the battles get a bit 'better' once you've 3 blades each. I find the companions tend to line themselves up depending on how you are starting the combos.

Also when you unlock the final menu option it helps to accelerate gold & leveling.

Advertisement