Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike insurance

Options
  • 10-10-2017 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Anyone have any feedback on http://www.bicycleinsurance.ie
    or had the unfortunate need to use them for a claim? Thinking of signing up for peace of mind on a new purchase. House insurance not a possibility.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭homer911

I am insured with them. Didn't want to put it on the house insurance due to the timing and the risk of losing my no claims discount

The monthly payment date will dictate your first pay date so you can push this out if you choose the right one.

My advice would be to read all the small print and ensure your security matches up. Take pictures of your bike in situ, along with all security measures. Take photos of security receipts/packaging. Note that if your bike is stolen in the first year, you must keep paying the premium and can only claim at the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

homer911 wrote: »
    ..My advice would be to read all the small print and ensure your security matches up. Take pictures of your bike in situ, along with all security measures. Take photos of security receipts/packaging. Note that if your bike is stolen in the first year, you must keep paying the premium and can only claim at the end of the year

Yeah, I found the document on their site and there is a lot of small print. Didn't see the payment in first year bit! It even seems to say that when kept at your home residence it needs to either be inside the building or in a locked shed or similar. Guess that rules it out as an option for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I wonder how they value the bikes, my Scott is like Trigger's broom now. The wheels I have cost nearly as much as the bike and the groupset is about to be swapped out.

I suppose I may mail them

Advertisement