Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non disclosure agreement

Options
  • 10-10-2017 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to download one of these from somewhere that will be similar to a solicitors one,they want to charge crazy money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Is it possible to download one of these from somewhere that will be similar to a solicitors one,they want to charge crazy money

Incidentally how much did you get quoted? From my experience, if your lead move in a negotiation is to play the NDA then the drawbridges immediately go up

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

duploelabs wrote: »
    Incidentally how much did you get quoted? From my experience, if your lead move in a negotiation is to play the NDA then the drawbridges immediately go up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

That is not expensive. You will also be able to sleep, knowing that it was properly completed and covers what you need to protect, instead of a few pages of half-a$$ed uncertainty. However, if you need to enforce the terms of the NDA the cost will be a multiple of the sum you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

That is not expensive. You will also be able to sleep, knowing that it was properly completed and covers what you need to protect, instead of a few pages of half-a$$ed uncertainty. However, if you need to enforce the terms of the NDA the cost will be a multiple of the sum you mention.

I'd be very skeptical over the cost as I went to a few firms for a Europe-wide production and delivery and was quoted over 2k by three firms.

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'd be very skeptical over the cost as I went to a few firms for a Europe-wide production and delivery and was quoted over 2k by three firms.

200 euro is a bargain indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

If it is 200 (with a reputable law firm) then go for it as I went for a downloadable one for a while which I seriously regret now. 200 seems to good to be true however...

Out of interest, what do posters think about using/rejigging NDA's that professional companies may have sent you to sign? Is that a safe option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

tacofries wrote: »
    If it is 200 (with a reputable law firm) then go for it as I went for a downloadable one for a while which I seriously regret now. 200 seems to good to be true however...

Out of interest, what do posters think about using/rejigging NDA's that professional companies may have sent you to sign? Is that a safe option?

No. Never.

There are several types of NDA. The first, rarely encountered on this forum is the serious one, the type used prior to dataroom access, the one that Duplo mentioned which can cost north of €2k, a sum that’s a fraction of the dataroom cost charged by a firm such as IntraLinks,. (That said, I think 2k is excessive. Negotiate; if you are selling, the fees should include a NDA in the wrap.)

The second type of NDA is the one increasingly used by pompous recruitment consultants, who self-importantly believe that they are being professional when asking job candidates to sign a NDA “As we will be disclosing important matters about the firm we are hiring for”.

The third type is the one required by self-important companies/people who believe that they have the idea of the century, an idea that is so precious that it needs to be protected from the world at large. They go to a solicitor who recognises what they are (haggling on a paltry price) and what they want, sees the means of raising beer money for the weekend and quotes €200 and prints out a boilerplate version. Unless an exceptional practitioner, s/he doesn’t bother to explain the futility & cost of the client trying to enforce any breach of the NDA, trousers the cheque and – rightfully – enjoys a Tanqueray & tonic in an appropriate watering hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Jim 77

I bought a document template package from biztree.com for about $200. It included an MNDA along with a lot of other useful templates such as contracts, invoices, POs etc.
    I'm under no illusions about the difficulty in enforcing such agreements and contracts but without them you just can't do business with some companies.
    Even with an MNDA in place I'd be very reluctant to disclose any valuable information without receiving a contract or PO.

Advertisement