Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi Calling

Options
  • 10-10-2017 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

I received a mail from marketing.eir.ie in the summer telling me that my mobile now has WiFi Calling. We have two iPhone6S on EirMobile accounts and this was of considerable interest as the signal here is so poor that we frequently have to walk into the middle of a field opposite our house to answer a call or send a text message. But when trying to set it up we hit a message telling us to contact Meteor to enable WiFi Calling on this phone. Any advice please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I received a mail from marketing.eir.ie in the summer telling me that my mobile now has WiFi Calling. We have two iPhone6S on EirMobile accounts and this was of considerable interest as the signal here is so poor that we frequently have to walk into the middle of a field opposite our house to answer a call or send a text message. But when trying to set it up we hit a message telling us to contact Meteor to enable WiFi Calling on this phone. Any advice please?
    Hi Oliverdog, 

Thanks for contacting us here. 

Have you purchased the handsets through ourselves? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

No. I already had the phones when I switched to Emobile from Vphone three years ago.

No. I already had the phones when I switched to Emobile from Vphone three years ago.

Ok no problem.

If you have purchased your handset through another operator you would need to bring it to your local store and they will send it off to Fonefix to get the software updated onto it. There is a charge of €20 if you're not in warranty.

Thanks

Tracey

I didn't get the phones from another operator, I bought them both from Apple.ie and dealt with Eircom Killarney to set them up in accounts for my wife and me, when the phones were brand new. I assumed that Eir knew all this when they messaged me to say that I could avail of the WiFi calling.

I didn't get the phones from another operator, I bought them both from Apple.ie and dealt with Eircom Killarney to set them up in accounts for my wife and me, when the phones were brand new. I assumed that Eir knew all this when they messaged me to say that I could avail of the WiFi calling.
    You have stated in the previous message that you had your phones with another provider and then switched to us. 

I'm afraid the handsets would need to have been bought directly from eir for this service to work, alternatively, you bring to a store and get the software update on it. 

Apologies for the confusion. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Do you mean an Eir store? And pay them for a software update?

Do you mean an Eir store? And pay them for a software update?
    That's correct, if you are within warranty you will not have to pay otherwise there is a fee of €20 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Well thanks for the speedy info. It might interest you to know that an email to your care website with this simple question has produced no response after two weeks. As for the €20 fee, I've been paying €40 a month for virtually no service from home, so I suppose another €20 up against the wall won't hurt.

Well thanks for the speedy info. It might interest you to know that an email to your care website with this simple question has produced no response after two weeks. As for the €20 fee, I've been paying €40 a month for virtually no service from home, so I suppose another €20 up against the wall won't hurt.

No problem at all. 

I'm very sorry to hear this, this is not the level of care we wish to provide. I'll be sure to pass this feedback on for you. 

I've looked into this further for you and you can avail of the service with your current handset. Apologies for the confusion here.

Can you PM me your mobile and PIN and I'll check the package you are on to see if it's eligible for the service.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement