Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

file sharing, virtual server- something cost effective for a two man business

Options
  • 10-10-2017 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I've finally hired my first employee. Using google drive for sharing docs and dropbox for images but would prefer something more coordinated- I guess like a virtual server where everything can be stored in folders. Dropbox is only for images and I'm fine with using google drive for certain things but I'm sure there are better options. Ideally something free :D or a min monthly fee. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

I have used Hubic and it seems fine. You set-up a folder on the PC share it on Hubic and your away. I think you get 20gb for free.

I've stated to use onedrive as well as it has more sharing features but same idea as Hubic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Just signed up to Hubic hadn't heard of them before! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

MizMix wrote: »
    I've finally hired my first employee. Using google drive for sharing docs and dropbox for images but would prefer something more coordinated- I guess like a virtual server where everything can be stored in folders. Dropbox is only for images and I'm fine with using google drive for certain things but I'm sure there are better options. Ideally something free :D or a min monthly fee. Any recommendations?

Dropbox is for files too. You can actually have a folder on your pc and browse normally.

What kind of files?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Dropbox for business works pretty well. You can use it for any kind of file you like and the business plans offer some nice audit tools.

OneDrive comes bundled with some Office 365 plans.

I'd be wary of anything where you do not know _exactly_ where the data resides. With GDPR coming into force in a few months people need to be very careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Yes the reason I wanted something seperate is I have dropbox for personal stuff. I'm not sure how to go between two separate accounts without logging in and out and my personal one is on my laptop. There's probably an easy solution but I came across sync.com this week and like the look of it- does anyone have experience with it? I've just installed it to see how it goes

• Advertisement
Advertisement