Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a Drink & Draw Kildare Town.

Options
  • 10-10-2017 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello.

I am looking to start a Drink & Draw nigh maybe an evening every two weeks. Its a big thing back from home and I keep thinking that there MUST be people in the small lovely town of Kildare and around that enjoy free hand drawing. Its been hard to find art stores or a sign of a visual art life here, but I know there must be one!
    The night would consist of 2 or three models (clothed, perhaps a theme for the nights session) that move around the room taking 1-10 min posses for people to draw and excersize their artistic side of the brain, whilest having a beer or two, or three, and most f all, have fun! Its the fun version of drop-in life drawing classes. At the same time keeping a respectful, safe and comfortable environment for everyone, including the models.

A couple things before it can happen:

1. I am in search for a few people who would be interested in the modelling part. As in Any drop in class, there would be a small fee, but Id also like to try the donation idea where people can give what ever they want. This money would go back to the models for their time and work.

2. I am putting this out there to see if its worth starting. Is there anyone in Kildare who would be interested, intrigued and or curious about coming to something like this? If so I will jump on it.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 asscookies

Hello.

I am looking to start a Drink & Draw nigh maybe an evening every two weeks. Its a big thing back from home and I keep thinking that there MUST be people in the small lovely town of Kildare and around that enjoy free hand drawing. Its been hard to find art stores or a sign of a visual art life here, but I know there must be one!
    The night would consist of 2 or three models (clothed, perhaps a theme for the nights session) that move around the room taking 1-10 min posses for people to draw and excersize their artistic side of the brain, whilest having a beer or two, or three, and most f all, have fun! Its the fun version of drop-in life drawing classes. At the same time keeping a respectful, safe and comfortable environment for everyone, including the models.

1. I am in search for a few people who would be interested in the modelling part. As in Any drop in class, there would be a small fee, but Id also like to try the donation idea where people can give what ever they want. This money would go back to the models for their time and work.

2. I am putting this out there to see if its worth starting. Is there anyone in Kildare who would be interested, intrigued and or curious about coming to something like this? If so I will jump on it.

Thanks for your time.

Hello!

Recently moved down and would be very interested in this! I think it's a great idea!
    I have to admit I haven't picked up a pencil or paintbrush in years but I'd love to give it a go!

Maybe post on on of the new estate boards and there'll probably be a few more interested!

Wouldnt be up for the modelling though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Charlie.Soup

asscookies wrote: »
    Hello!

Recently moved down and would be very interested in this! I think it's a great idea!
    I have to admit I haven't picked up a pencil or paintbrush in years but I'd love to give it a go!

Maybe post on on of the new estate boards and there'll probably be a few more interested!

Wouldnt be up for the modelling though!

That is excellent! Ill be handing out flyers around town in a few days! I also have a Meetup Group for it aswell if you are on there.

It wont let me post a link.
    But If you Go to Meetups.ie Its free to join and the name of the group is "Kildare Town Drink &Draw"

Thank you so much for your response!!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

I am from the town and I think its a great idea and I am sure there will be people in Kildare Town who would enjoy it. Maybe post on Kildare Town Community Forum Facebook pages and see what response you get.

gypsylee wrote: »
    I am from the town and I think its a great idea and I am sure there will be people in Kildare Town who would enjoy it. Maybe post on Kildare Town Community Forum Facebook pages and see what response you get.

Thank you for the encouragement! I have gone ahead and made a Facebook Page.

I cant post the link here, but if you look up "Kildare town Drink & Draw" in Facebook, you shall find it. please feel free to join and share! The More the merrier.

Things are underway. I am just about to message the Kildare Town Forum!

That is excellent! Ill be handing out flyers around town in a few days! I also have a Meetup Group for it aswell if you are on there.

It wont let me post a link.
    But If you Go to Meetups.ie Its free to join and the name of the group is "Kildare Town Drink &Draw"

Thank you so much for your response!!

I have now made a Facebook page for this meetup, so if you are still interested, you can look up "Kildare Town Drink & Draw" and feel free to share it with anyone you think would be interested aswell! all the info for the first meetup is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Good luck with it. I will share your page on Facebook now.

Hello.

Thanks for your time.

The time has come!!!! Can't wait to see who shows and meet who ever can come and indulge in a pint in one hand and a pencil in the other!

7pm @ Cunningham's pub upstairs. Kildare town.

€5 min donation and bring all drawing things you'll want! Sky's the limit!

Cheers!

April

• Registered Users Posts: 25 asscookies

The time has come!!!! Can't wait to see who shows and meet who ever can come and indulge in a pint in one hand and a pencil in the other!

7pm @ Cunningham's pub upstairs. Kildare town.

€5 min donation and bring all drawing things you'll want! Sky's the limit!

Cheers!

April

Ah no! I only saw this today! I'm working.

If you make it a weekly bi weekly or monthly thing I'll make sure I'm not working.

Good luck!

Advertisement