If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atmos 5.1.2 setup.

Options
  • 10-10-2017 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi,

I was looking at the rxv683 Yamaha avr and can't decide on a speaker setup to go with it. I have my living room wired for in ceiling speakers so don't need a set that blasts audio towards the ceiling.

What would you recommend? Also is there anything that isn't black?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was looking at the rxv683 Yamaha avr and can't decide on a speaker setup to go with it. I have my living room wired for in ceiling speakers so don't need a set that blasts audio towards the ceiling.

What would you recommend? Also is there anything that isn't black?
    Hi Aph2016.

If it is in ceiling speakers you are after check out either the:

Monitor Audio PRO65 priced at £69.00 Each (WHITE)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/pro-ic/pro-65

Or the Monitor Audio CT165 coming in at £105 per speaker. (I could do these for £90 each) - (WHITE)
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-11974-ct165.aspx

Do you require a normal centre speaker or have you this also wired in the ceiling?

Subwoofer wise you could look at the Monitor Audio MRW10 priced at £239.00 - I could offer at £200 as part of a 5.1 package. - (Also comes in Walnut)
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12485-mrw10.aspx

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

I was planning on just sitting the centre speaker below the TV on a cabinet. I'd also need front left/right and back left/right.

Do the speakers need to be atmos certified or is it just the avr?

I was planning on just sitting the centre speaker below the TV on a cabinet. I'd also need front left/right and back left/right.

Do the speakers need to be atmos certified or is it just the avr?
    Hey Aph2016.

Ahhh....

Just in ceiling for Atmos. I thought you had 4 holes cut to use as part of your 5.1

Makes things a little easier for a 5.1 pack.

You could look at the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 priced at £599.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200190-mass-51.aspx

We have a bundle deal at the minute for the 683 and the mass at £1099.00 if purchased together.
    https://www.richersounds.com/yamaha-rxv683-black-and-monitor-audio-mass-5-1-system-black.html

Only the amp has to be Atoms certified as it processes all of the audio signals and then sends them to the speakers.

That's exactly what I need. Question now is do I buy now or wait until black Friday 🀀

That's exactly what I need. Question now is do I buy now or wait until black Friday 🀀
    Hey Aph2016.

Unfortunately that is not a question I can answer :(

We never get informed of our Black Friday deals until close of business on the Day before.

Not every product gets discounted during the Black Friday sale and even on Black Friday the prices change throughout the day as our competitors release their deals.

I can squeeze a little more out of the bundle deal as it currently stands and off at £1040 intead of £1099.
    In total that is £148 saving on the system.

• Advertisement

Do you know, if I had a full 5.1.2 setup connected to that avr, is there a way to add two additional in ceiling speakers in the kitchen but to some it and play music independent of the 5.1.2?

If not would a Denon x2400h heos setup allow this if maybe I had two rear wireless rather that wired to free up space?

Do you know, if I had a full 5.1.2 setup connected to that avr, is there a way to add two additional in ceiling speakers in the kitchen but to some it and play music independent of the 5.1.2?

If not would a Denon x2400h heos setup allow this if maybe I had two rear wireless rather that wired to free up space?
    Hi Aph2016,

If you have all of the speakers connected you would not be able to run independent speakers, unless you have a pre out going to a separate amplifier but even then you would not be able to play different music through the extra speakers. The easiest way be to add separate Heos speakers which you can control independently with the app.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.