Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Line Installation New Build Estate

Options
  • 10-10-2017 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I moved into a house in a new build estate recently. There was a technician out last week to install the phone line and when he opened the manhole in front of house all the ducting was there but the broadband and telephone cables still need to be pulled through from a box located in the row of houses behind us.

He said he wasn't in a position to this and that an Eir Engineer would need to undertake this part of the work.

What are the timelines to get this piece of work done? We are eager to get up and running.

The eir infrastructure is available to other rows of houses in the estate it seems to be just a simple case of pulling the cables down to the cul de sac I live on.

Thanks,

Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

abrushka wrote: »
    Hi,

I moved into a house in a new build estate recently. There was a technician out last week to install the phone line and when he opened the manhole in front of house all the ducting was there but the broadband and telephone cables still need to be pulled through from a box located in the row of houses behind us.

He said he wasn't in a position to this and that an Eir Engineer would need to undertake this part of the work.

What are the timelines to get this piece of work done? We are eager to get up and running.

The eir infrastructure is available to other rows of houses in the estate it seems to be just a simple case of pulling the cables down to the cul de sac I live on.

Thanks,

Mark
    Hi Mark, 

Thanks for contacting us today. 

There would be no exact timeframe on this work I'm afraid, it's depending on the work involved. Would you like yo PM me your order details and name on the account and I can look into this for you? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 16 abrushka

Hi,

Thanks,

Mark
    Hi Mark, 

There would be no exact timeframe on this work I'm afraid, it's depending on the work involved. Would you like yo PM me your order details and name on the account and I can look into this for you? 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

This work was scheduled to be completed yesterday, October 31st. Could I get an update to confirm the work has actually been carried out?

Thanks,

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi,

Thanks,

Mark
    Hi Mark, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

This work was scheduled to be completed yesterday, October 31st. Could I get an update to confirm the work has actually been carried out?

Thanks,

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Tracey is out of the office today but if you PM me your details I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

Advertisement