Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving away from prepaypower

Options
  • 10-10-2017 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi

I have recently moved away from prepaypower power. When I changed supplier I gave the meter reading. Due to the way the prepay meter works, I was still being charged for the units I used. I got the deactivation code and the meter is deactivated.

When I asked about getting the money that was taken for the units back they said go to the new supplier as they should only charge for the units after the meter being deactivate.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Regards
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Not really sure what you are saying happened but I recently moved from them as well, as soon as i entered the deactivation code the meter essentially froze and I think there was about €2.42 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Howlin

I'm basically saying when I moved to another supplier I submitted a meter reading of say 1256 units. This means my new supplier will start to charge me for any units I use after this. But since the prepay meter was not deactivated until say the 100 units later, I still had to put money into the meter as it was still charging me for the units I've been using.

When I asked prepay power how do I get my money back as I would be double charged for the units they said I should contact my new supplier as they should start charging me for units until I am fully with them.

I am wondering has anyone else gotten back the double charged units?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

I did. Ppp owe you a refund from when you switched (at the unit you told them)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I moved to electric Ireland and I think it was about 2 days after I placed the order that I got the deactivation code. There was a difference of 28 units and I rang electric Ireland after I deactivated the pp meter. In hindsight it was only around €4.76 So had I realized that beforehand I wouldn't have bothered ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Howlin wrote: »
    I'm basically saying when I moved to another supplier I submitted a meter reading of say 1256 units. This means my new supplier will start to charge me for any units I use after this. But since the prepay meter was not deactivated until say the 100 units later, I still had to put money into the meter as it was still charging me for the units I've been using.

Looks like you gave the wrong reading to your new provider, and it is this that needs to be corrected. PPP will charge until that meter is deactivated and at this point you give the reading to the new provider. Just call them up and amend your start reading, and they'll adjust the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 TT rainbows

moved into new place that had prepay power. Found it hard to switch. Prepay seemed slow to give the de-activation code. Had to call several times and then they send it to the previous home owner as they had their details on the account. Didnt want the lights to go out so had to top-up several times which was annoying until finally got the de-activation code about 8 days after switching.

Advertisement