Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New development Somerton ,NewCastle Road,Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

Would be nice to see more people post here who got a house today, and also share their experience etc.

Some people I spoke to this morning who didn't have a ticket were very nervous and not confident they would get a house.

When we found out they got the one they wanted, we were delighted for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jigg79

Big congrats to all who got a house today. We were so delighted with the show houses. And it was great to meet some future neighbours. We could see our house in the distance too. :)

Roll on the next few months now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Can I ask how it worked with the tickets? Did they give them out from their office yesterday or were they given to people who went to queue at the development? Just curious how they managed it

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

Jigg79 wrote: »
    Big congrats to all who got a house today. We were so delighted with the show houses. And it was great to meet some future neighbours. We could see our house in the distance too. :)

Roll on the next few months now!!

Thanks a mil for answering all of our questions - you were so helpful in advance! You guys must have been dying to see the show houses :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Is it open again today?

• Advertisement

@allym They gave out tickets on the Friday 5pm from the Leahy office in Adamstown. Anyone that was queuing on the Saturday morning also got tickets but they were obviously continued from the last ticket from the Friday. I think 23 were given out on the Friday. One couple we were speaking to had ticket 37 and they luckily got the house they wanted.

@Heres Johnny Yeah open from 2pm today but i'd hazard a guess all the 3 beds are gone. Might be a handful of 4 and 5 beds still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

@allym They gave out tickets on the Friday 5pm from the Leahy office in Adamstown. Anyone that was queuing on the Saturday morning also got tickets but they were obviously continued from the last ticket from the Friday. I think 23 were given out on the Friday. One couple we were speaking to had ticket 37 and they luckily got the house they wanted.

@Heres Johnny Yeah open from 2pm today but i'd hazard a guess all the 3 beds are gone. Might be a handful of 4 and 5 beds still there.

I'm not even in the market I live locally but just want to have a look. Enjoy snooping around showhouses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Thanks! Fair play to them that seems a really efficient way of managing it instead of having people sitting out all night or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 12 New2018

Congratulations on ur purchase 😉 we were there aswell yesterday but unfortunately they wouldn’t except our 10,000 deposit cause we didn’t have our own house on the market. So that’s to be done pronto and I guess now we are looking at phase 3 now

QQ. How did people know that they were given out tickets the night before? Were they contacted by email?

• Advertisement

We were there all day Thursday but went home around 11pm as there was no-one else there at the time. On Friday morning we rang Leahy and they said we could park outside their office. So we were there from early until 5pm when we were all called in, plus people who had been queueing from Thursday who had been told to come back at 5pm. They gave out tickets 9 to 23 I think. No idea when 1 to 8 got theirs. More people queued on Friday night and they got tickets up to 29 I think. Then those that arrived on Saturday started from ticket number 30.

Basically we rang and found out we could queue there but we still didn’t know if we’d get tickets. Some people had been told to come back at 5pm and some just turned up by chance I think so it was all different ways but definitely no emails.

Sorry that you didn’t get sorted but at least the next phase is in May so that’s good.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kniaodha

Went up to have a look yesterday and was quite impressed with the show houses. Congrats to all who purchased! I'm hoping to buy in the next phase in May. Will keep an eye on this thread for info so thanks to all who are posting and sharing information.

Hi guys,

The buyers from Phase 1 set up a Facebook group to share information, ask questions, etc which is a great idea. I thought we might be able to join that but I think they'd prefer if we set up our own and merged them into one community group when we're all living there.

So I've set up a group for Phase 2 buyers if anyone wants to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1781075918618228/

It would be great to help each other out and get to know each other over the next few months!

kniaodha wrote: »
    Went up to have a look yesterday and was quite impressed with the show houses. Congrats to all who purchased! I'm hoping to buy in the next phase in May. Will keep an eye on this thread for info so thanks to all who are posting and sharing information.

Were you told what was going on sale in May? I could have swore I overheard an EA saying there would be 14 houses in May. It is very close to this launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LKJ80

Great to hear people got sorted with their new homes on sat, we got sorted too, delighted. Thought it was very well organised :) Fingers crossed things run smoothly with contracts etc now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kniaodha

Were you told what was going on sale in May? I could have swore I overheard an EA saying there would be 14 houses in May. It is very close to this launch.

Yep the savilles rep in the blackthorn house said more houses were coming up for sale in May and told me to sign up on the sheet she had to register my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rose1000

Hi there, I went to view Somerton today. We're really interested in the 3 bed semi-detached house. We already own a house in Lucan and love the area. When I went to register our interest in the sales suite the lady there told us that we need to be sale agreed on our current house before we are allowed to pay the €10,000 deposit. So it seems you need to sell you current house and rent before you know if you're even in with a chance of buying one of these houses! We left feeling really deflated as we have 2 kids it's not so easy to just sell up and rent and then not even be garunteed that you will get a house. It's not so easy to find a place to rent either in the interim period. I am just wondering is anyone else in this position? It seems to be very geared towards first time buyers or cash buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Rose1000 could you go Sale Agreed on your house but stipulate with your buyers that you will not be in a position to close until your new house is ready approx X date? That way you wouldn't need to rent somewhere in the interim. I know this kind of clause could put off a potential buyer but they may be happy to wait if it's the right house for them.

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Rose1000 could you go Sale Agreed on your house but stipulate with your buyers that you will not be in a position to close until your new house is ready approx X date? That way you wouldn't need to rent somewhere in the interim. I know this kind of clause could put off a potential buyer but they may be happy to wait if it's the right house for them.

Yes that would be a good idea and I was thinking of something along those lines it's just that it could be 6 months plus... but we could definitely look at doing something along those lines. I wish we were first time buyers ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

There's a chance that your buyer could be in a chain too and waiting on their own house to sell before they can close anyway. Or if they're first time buyers they might be glad if extra time to keep saving towards furniture etc before their mortgage payments stop

• Advertisement

climber59 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil for answering all of our questions - you were so helpful in advance! You guys must have been dying to see the show houses :)

No problem at all :)

Rose1000 do they even need to know about your existing house?? If you have mortgage approval in principal and the 10k deposit then the estate agent need not know about anything else. They're the only things they stipulate.

I'm not sure how that works with the bank etc but I would say nothing about your existing house. Once you get your 10k down then start the sale process I guess :/:)

Jigg79 wrote: »
    Rose1000 do they even need to know about your existing house?? If you have mortgage approval in principal and the 10k deposit then the estate agent need not know about anything else. They're the only things they stipulate.

I'm not sure how that works with the bank etc but I would say nothing about your existing house. Once you get your 10k down then start the sale process I guess :/:)

Yes I know what you mean, but the lady in the sales suite told me that they want a certain percentage 21 days after you give them the €10,000 deposit, not sure on the exact details but she did say something like that and we would t have it until we sold our house. But it's a great idea and something I hadn't thought of so I'll think about it. Its the idea of selling our own house and not being able to get one of these due to demand that's driving me crazy! Hard to know what to do. On a side note does anyone know if the 3 bed detached houses for €380,000 are being built? No showhouse and no pics on daft!

Rose1000 wrote: »
    Yes I know what you mean, but the lady in the sales suite told me that they want a certain percentage 21 days after you give them the €10,000 deposit, not sure on the exact details but she did say something like that and we would t have it until we sold our house. But it's a great idea and something I hadn't thought of so I'll think about it. Its the idea of selling our own house and not being able to get one of these due to demand that's driving me crazy! Hard to know what to do. On a side note does anyone know if the 3 bed detached houses for €380,000 are being built? No showhouse and no pics on daft!

We gave the 10k deposit on the day and we haven't heard from them so far, although we did get a receipt from them. We were told that the balance of the deposit would be due upon signing the contracts. So if the house was 340k we'd owe 24k more minus help to buy as they claim that straight from the government. So far no sign of the contracts.

In regards the 3 bed Ash type house, there is only a showhouse of the semi-detached version. Looks like they rushed the show houses and didn't get it finished. Same goes for the 4 bed detached. There was only 2 of the 380k houses for sale in this phase. It's hard to tell looking at the future phase map but you'd be lucky if there was more than 2 of them in the next phase. Having looked at the proposal on the sdcc website it doesn't look like theres going to be more than 5 detached 3 beds in whole development. See this link http://www.sdublincoco.ie/viewdocument.aspx?fileid=5814230 and on page 53 it outlines how many of each house are to be built.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Hi everybody,
    Does anyone who bought a house during the first phase have their move in date yet? My partner and I are phase 2 and just want to get an idea on how long we might have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    Hi everybody,
    Does anyone who bought a house during the first phase have their move in date yet? My partner and I are phase 2 and just want to get an idea on how long we might have to wait.

We were originally told March, but that got moved to May / June and now it seems as if they’re going to issue revised dates in the next week or so. I expect it’ll be moved to End July.

My recommendation would be to add 6 months on to what they originally told you and then closer to the end of that 6month period add on another few months.

Ah that must be so frustrating. We bought in phase two also. From people we know that have bought new builds, generally once first phasers move in, things seem to move quicker with the other phases cause services have been installed for the first phase.
    Hopefully this is the case and hopefully for all the first phasers it’s sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LKJ80

Does anyone know if there is any more drone footage available of latest progress? Last I can see is end Feb on YouTube

LKJ80 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is any more drone footage available of latest progress? Last I can see is end Feb on YouTube

They definitely took drone footage on the first day of the sale of phase 2, not sure if/when they'll put it up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Phil Kearney

Has anyone any updates on when they plan to start selling for phase 3?

Advertisement