Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Dance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Do pro triathletes have small heads or large baseball caps?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

God I really hate how American's cover sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Some big watts being pushed out here by Sanders & Wurf, when you see Kienle struggling to hold like that. I would say there will be some interesting race files from the pros.

Some big watts being pushed out here by Sanders & Wurf, when you see Kienle struggling to hold like that. I would say there will be some interesting race files from the pros.

Wurf is about to set the bike course record by sitting on Sanders for 75% of the bike

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

looks like we have a race at least this year.

tunney wrote: »
    Long walk coming up

it's okay, from the looks of things there are a few that will be keeping each other company

• Advertisement

ah, they finally remembered the women were racing too

mossym wrote: »
    ah, they finally remembered the women were racing too

In fairness - There's feck all doing at the front of the women's race atm while the men's race is pretty damn exciting.

RJM85 wrote: »
    In fairness - There's feck all doing at the front of the women's race atm while the men's race is pretty damn exciting.

Of course, as I said that Ryf knocked 2 mins out of charles.

RJM85 wrote: »

be nice to at least be updated that lead were being held. the whole run in to town with wurf, i know every building that was along the route but no update on the women

its same story every year.

sanders looks worse running right now than i normally do. that's bad....

• Advertisement

charles can run, this could be interesting

sanders looks worse running right now than i normally do. that's bad....

It's ugly but effective, think the commentators mentioned it but he seems to be labouring on the right side. Frodo gone by the looks of it

It's ugly but effective, think the commentators mentioned it but he seems to be labouring on the right side. Frodo gone by the looks of it

he normally doesn't look like that, even his "first run back after injury" vid looks smoother than this does, he's got an issue

charles can run, this could be interesting

She deserves to lead out of T2

he normally doesn't look like that, even his "first run back after injury" vid looks smoother than this does, he's got an issue

Yeah something is up alright

be nice to at least be updated that lead were being held. the whole run in to town with wurf, i know every building that was along the route but no update on the women

its same story every year.

100% agree with you. It's a pity that the ladies race appears to be objectively less "interesting" (is that the right word) with someone like Daniela around.

I hope I am wrong but I can see Sanders doing a VanNackers at the energy lab

If Lange can keep this up he will lower the run record again and take the win. Come on Sanders, dig deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

If Lange can keep this up he will lower the run record again and take the win. Come on Sanders, dig deep.

Definetly looks stronger and looks like he will have him with a bit to go

Lange looks ridiculously fresh

• Advertisement

I think Sanders has been running with a right knee issue for all of this marathon, I recall seeing him massaging it in the last 20k. As for Lange I think you are seeing the new breed coming through, what a great run style.

I think Sanders has been running with a right knee issue for all of this marathon, I recall seeing him massaging it in the last 20k. As for Lange I think you are seeing the new breed coming through, what a great run style.

agreed, sanders definitely carrying some issue

long gone the days of the uber biker. all hail the day of the uber runner

In other news Zico going strong with a predicted finish of about 9:15 if he can keep his fast run speed and my maths are right. Delighted for him being there

spare a thought for Matt Russell, a pro, van pulled in front of him on the bike and he went through the windscreen, in serious condition in hospital.

thought it was strange, during the coverage one of the leaders, think it was wurf had to go around a van on the course, was surprised to see traffic, even if it was near the end in the city

Hope he is ok, very sad to hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Hope he is ok, very sad to hear it

He appears to be very badly injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Anyone know what the kona Irish record is ?

Anyone know what the kona Irish record is ?

I expect its BMC - 9.07 last year

spare a thought for Matt Russell, a pro, van pulled in front of him on the bike and he went through the windscreen, in serious condition in hospital.

thought it was strange, during the coverage one of the leaders, think it was wurf had to go around a van on the course, was surprised to see traffic, even if it was near the end in the city

Update on this for people that missed it. He lost an awful lot of blood by all accounts but has been released from hospital and is recovering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Have many on here read this?

KQ has never been a goal of mine as I don't think I have the talent to achieve it. Then again I've heard Peter say it's not about talent but hard work, time and dedication. Apologies if I'm wrong there Peter but that's in my head from an old post that I cannot find. I definitely don't have the time.

I did find this an interesting read and based on Alans report I don't think it applies to all AG'ers. He was certainly right about a lot of the pros and how their races went.

Advertisement