Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

east coast gun club nightmare

Options
  • 10-10-2017 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

HI all im writing this post to warn others and hopefully get some advice along the way.
    i met with this crowd in wicklow and paid my membership fee of 335 euro just over a month ago. i was then told there was a death in the family that there was going to be delays in getting my membership details and insurance. that was fine so i waited for three weeks and still nothing. every time i emailed them i got the shortest and most vague answer possible usually not addressing the point at hand. usually along the lines of ''your details are being processed shouldnt be long now.''

that was the last reply i got from them 10 days ago. so i waited another 7 days and sent yet another email asking to be updated on the status of my membership details (3 days ago) expecting to have a reply by monday or today.

there was no reply whatsoever so i decided to call the guy on his mobile and of course the number just rang out , no answer. so i sent an email saying i wasnt happy it shouldnt have taken over a month , i have no trust or confidence in the club or its employees and i want a full refund or id take the necessary legal action.

surprise surprise! i got a call from him less than 5 minutes after sending the email and the lad was screaming down the phone at me hurling abuse at me.
    he screamed at me that i was a ''****ing moron'', a ''****ing idiot'' and screams ''your not getting a refund **** YOU!'' and hangs up the phone on me.

i called him back to try and talk reasonably i even stated on the phone that id like to sort this out like adults and he kept calling me a ''****ing moron'' so i asked is this how he runs his business? and he shouts ''this isnt my ****ing business its a club you didnt join my business you ****ing idiot! you're wasting your time talking you ****ing moron go get a solicitor''

so iv gone to the local garda station and been told to take him to small claims court which i am currently researching. i have also gotten the numbers of free solicitors (as i am currently unemployed which is why im so angry about him basically running off with 300 quid i spent weeks saving up)
    if anyone has dealt with anything like this in the past id really appreciate any help or advice you might have.

as a firearms newbie im completely stunned by the reaction i got from this guy and its left a really bad taste in my mouth when it comes to the sport. i was under the impression that in order to obtain a firearm licence (let alone a club/firearms dealers licence) you had to be of stable and good temperament and not explode at a young fella over the phone because he is asking for a refund. i could only imagine how badly he would have reacted in person in fact its kind of scary to think about.

if you want the names and location of this club and its instructor id be happy to say in private messages but want to keep my bases covered in public.

again any advice or help will be hugely appreciated!! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE THE HELL OUT OF THIS!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement