Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Stag/Hen accommodation (January)

Options
  • 10-10-2017 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hey all,

OH and I are thinking of taking a short break in Kilkenny City in late January. Was hoping someone could recommend accommodation (bout 4star? We're being good to ourselves!!) that is centrally located but wouldn't be full of hens or stags. Ideally looking for luxurious rooms with high quality food and drink on site for the first night as we'll have come straight from work.

Any recommendations for restaurants / bars for the second night and activities for the full day we'd be spending in the city would also be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

painauchocolat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Hey all,

OH and I are thinking of taking a short break in Kilkenny City in late January. Was hoping someone could recommend accommodation (bout 4star? We're being good to ourselves!!) that is centrally located but wouldn't be full of hens or stags. Ideally looking for luxurious rooms with high quality food and drink on site for the first night as we'll have come straight from work.

Any recommendations for restaurants / bars for the second night and activities for the full day we'd be spending in the city would also be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

painauchocolat

I think there's a perception kilkenny is just non stop hen/stags- there's far more going on than boozy how yas everywhere!
    Pembroke or Hibernian hotel would be good options as would the Ormonde.
    Butler house may fit the bill. Lyrath is out of town but 5 star and would fit the luxurious bill

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

road_high wrote: »
    I think there's a perception kilkenny is just non stop hen/stags- there's far more going on than boozy how yas everywhere!
    Pembroke or Hibernian hotel would be good options as would the Ormonde.
    Butler house may fit the bill. Lyrath is out of town but 5 star and would fit the luxurious bill

Thank you! Will start the search :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Can't find a thread on hotels so I said I'd tack it on here, even though not a stag/hen query .

I will be travelling in this area soon and want to stay in Kilkenny for 1 night mid-week. I'd like to find a convenient decent hotel that doesn't require me going all the way into the city centre. Will be coming in on the N76 and heading on to Carlow town in the morning.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Radio5 wrote: »
    Can't find a thread on hotels so I said I'd tack it on here, even though not a stag/hen query .

I will be travelling in this area soon and want to stay in Kilkenny for 1 night mid-week. I'd like to find a convenient decent hotel that doesn't require me going all the way into the city centre. Will be coming in on the N76 and heading on to Carlow town in the morning.

Thanks.

Depends what you mean by decent, there's the 5* Lyrath on the road to Carlow, you could stay in the Aspect, Springhill or Hotel Kilkenny without having to go into town and these are on the ring road.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Hey all,

Many thanks,

painauchocolat

Just seeing this now, and might suggest Zuni. Mainly a restaurant but also boutique hotel pretty centrally located. Never stayed there, but have eaten there a few times - when we feel we deserve a treat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement