Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SigNET 100 access issue

Options
  • 10-10-2017 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi
    I have a signet 100 installed in my house.  Somehow the main user code has been changed.  There is a 2nd user code (with limited access) which will set and unset the system but I cannot grant engineer access from this user.  The engineer access code is still as per default.  Any ideas how to get back in to the system to change / restore the main user code?  Or is my only option to reset the system and start again.
    Any ideas appreciated.
    Thanks
    Brian

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you any backup of the config or a fast programmer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dubsfan77

No unfortunately don't have a backup of the config or the fast programmer. Was able to look in the event log with the 2nd user. The log has a failed to set followed by user code change. Seems a bit strange

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

dubsfan77 wrote: »
    No unfortunately don't have a backup of the config or the fast programmer. Was able to look in the event log with the 2nd user. The log has a failed to set followed by user code change. Seems a bit strange

Did someone with access change the Code?

I was not there myself today when it happened, but member of the family was last to leave the house - for whatever reason the system failed to set.  The next two entries in the log are for user  code change (the user wouldn't know how to change the code - normally just enters the code and full set / unset).  When I got home this evening the keypad was beeping and had been since lunchtime.  I entered the main code but kept getting invalid code - did manage to lock the keypad.  Used the 2nd user code from another keypad on the system and the beeping on the keypads stopped....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Someone changed the code.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Definitely someone changed the code. You may be able to get into it via USB connection. You will need a laptop and a copy of the old SigNET pro configuration software.
    If there is not too much on it a default might be as quick.
    Hope you didn't engineer lock it while you were restricting engineer access!!:eek:

Thanks koolkid. I don't have the software. Is it available to download online? It might be just as easy to reset the panel as you suggest - system is fairly straightforward standard house and shed on separate area. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't an easier way around the issue.

You might get a copy of the software from an installer or Vanderbilt. Unfortunately we are no longer allowed share that software here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

dubsfan77 wrote: »
    Thanks koolkid. I don't have the software. Is it available to download online? It might be just as easy to reset the panel as you suggest - system is fairly straightforward standard house and shed on separate area. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't an easier way around the issue.

Should be on the CD that came with the panel.

Thanks. Don't think I have it anymore but will have a search for it at the weekend

• Advertisement
Advertisement