Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem - Alternatives

Options
  • 10-10-2017 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

My eir F2000 modem needs to be restarted at least once a day. It either cannot resolve DNS, or it doesn't allow clients to connect via WiFi. This is the 2nd (if not 3rd) unit of the same model I've had.

At this stage I'm ready to throw in the towel. Do you have a list of alternate supported modems, or any specifics about features that will be required for me to connect to your network?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

t1mm wrote: »
    My eir F2000 modem needs to be restarted at least once a day. It either cannot resolve DNS, or it doesn't allow clients to connect via WiFi. This is the 2nd (if not 3rd) unit of the same model I've had.

At this stage I'm ready to throw in the towel. Do you have a list of alternate supported modems, or any specifics about features that will be required for me to connect to your network?

Thanks
    Hi t1mm, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm sorry to hear this, I understand this is frustrating. 

I'm afraid I'm not aware of this from here, we wouldn't be able to offer any support on a 3rd party modem. However, if you contact our support team on 1890 260 260 they will able to assist you further.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Hi Tracey,

Would you mind getting in touch with them and letting me know? I'm sure the information would be useful to others who want to do the same in future if posted here.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

t1mm wrote: »
    Hi Tracey,

Would you mind getting in touch with them and letting me know? I'm sure the information would be useful to others who want to do the same in future if posted here.

Cheers
    I'm afraid we would be unable to advise on this as we would not support a third party modem. The support team will need to investigate your issue with you directly also. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement