Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch to Energia from Electric Ireland?

Options
  • 10-10-2017 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Not sure this is the right forum for this but I had an energia guy at my door today, he is coming back tomorrow(very persistent). According to a moneysaving website they are the cheapest for dual fuel at the moment but they seem to have an online only switching deal with gives a better discount than the guy at the door though he said his deal includes a free Netatmo climate control. Seems silly Energia have two deals, one at the door or one online, what are people's experience of them as a company to deal with? Does that Netatmo work with any heating system? My rads are all about 20 yrs old so not sure if this is much of a benefit to me to get this free product. Any opinions appreciated! Thanks for reading. ðŸ‘

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I switched to Energia in May via Bonkers.ie. I am happy with their service & Web site. I was with Electric Ireland & am saving about Eur 18 per month by switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Thestones wrote: »
    Seems silly Energia have two deals, one at the door or one online

What's silly about it?

Different deals for different markets They will offer the cheapest for online switchers who actively seek out the best available rates. Cold callers main market is persuading/hoodwinking/bullying people into signing up without letting them research their deal.

Remember these people work on commission so that has to be paid for out of your wallet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Remember these people work on commission so that has to be paid for out of your wallet too.

no, im pretty sure that's paid for by the mugs who don't bother moving and end up subsidising everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to A&P

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JayRoc

no, im pretty sure that's paid for by the mugs who don't bother moving and end up subsidising everyone else.

I hate this notion.

There are good arguments for not jumping at every crappy offer that will "save you money". I moved my commercial account from ESB to Energia last year and it was a huge mistake. On paper it was a case of "why would I not??"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

JayRoc wrote:
    There are good arguments for not jumping at every crappy offer that will "save you money". I moved my commercial account from ESB to Energia last year and it was a huge mistake. On paper it was a case of "why would I not??"

Why was it a huge mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

JayRoc wrote: »
    There are good arguments for not jumping at every crappy offer that will "save you money"...."

Such as??

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Just switched to Energia last month.
    Will be having my Netatmo Smart Thermostat installed in a couple of weeks.
    Just wondering about the following Terms & Conditions:

The Netatmo product must be installed and remain operational in your home until 2020.

You will be eligible for a charge of €100 if you request that your Netatmo be uninstalled.

If I decide to change supplier after 12 months will the Netatmo work with new supplier?
    Will there be any fee for having Netatmo down the line?

Advertisement