Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

running cables parallel on external wall

Options
  • 10-10-2017 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I want to run 4 coaxial cables from a satellite nice and tidy along the external wall before they enter the house. Is there any fixings that help mount them nice and tidy instead of laying each cable one at a time.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi all,
    I want to run 4 coaxial cables from a satellite nice and tidy along the external wall before they enter the house. Is there any fixings that help mount them nice and tidy instead of laying each cable one at a time.
    Thanks.

Mini shotgun coaxial cable, you would only need to run two of them, much thinner too. Or just run some plastic trunking along the wall, keep it nice and neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Mini shotgun coaxial cable, you would only need to run two of them, much thinner too. Or just run some plastic trunking along the wall, keep it nice and neat.

Thanks but I already have the cable bought, I went with a high quality cable ct125 which I don't think comes in shotgun style.

Possibly something along these lines only for 4 cables
    jetpress.com/Products.aspx/kzhqbkhcrw/FirTreeCableClipsPipeClips-Double/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Thanks but I already have the cable bought, I went with a high quality cable ct125 which I don't think comes in shotgun style.

Possibly something along these lines only for 4 cables
    jetpress.com/Products.aspx/kzhqbkhcrw/FirTreeCableClipsPipeClips-Double/
    CT125 is overkill for what you want to do. I've used it previously and wouldn't use it again. Heavy and less flexible than CT100/RG6. Requires different size connectors to the other cables mentioned.

The Cush wrote:
    CT125 is overkill for what you want to do. I've used it previously and wouldn't use it again. Heavy and less flexible than CT100/RG6. Requires different size connectors to the other cables mentioned.

I know it's overkill I just wanted to have the best in place. Installing cat6a through out also which again is overkill but just wanted the best and to be future proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Would you not consider bringing them into the attic? Wires/conduits running down a wall don't look great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Hi all,
    Thanks.

Are you near a downpipe? If so run them behind it and enter the house from there

wait4me wrote:
    Would you not consider bringing them into the attic? Wires/conduits running down a wall don't look great.

The attic would be tidy outside but then I'd have to chase walls inside.
    alta stare wrote:
    Are you near a downpipe? If so run them behind it and enter the house from there

I will be dropping down behind a square down pipe but it's the horizontals that's the problem.

Thanks for the help lads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Is the wall white? A white plastic conduit 25mm might do the job. It would be fast too as you'd get the conduit saddles and fix every 1M or so.

Stoner wrote:
    Is the wall white? A white plastic conduit 25mm might do the job. It would be fast too as you'd get the conduit saddles and fix every 1M or so.

Think this may be my only option.
    The wall is white so incan drop down the down pipe and then along the bottom of the wall below the step in the plaster where it is white and then enter the house.
    Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Think this may be my only option.
    The wall is white so incan drop down the down pipe and then along the bottom of the wall below the step in the plaster where it is white and then enter the house.
    Thanks for the help.

That is a good way to do it alright. It will be barely noticable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement