Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Arrears Can't Afford to Pay

Options
  • 10-10-2017 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

So I have fallen into arrears of my rent for 2 weeks, it is paid monthly, financially I have found myself in some difficulty, can anyone advise on the steps that will be taken by the landlord? I have heard they can just tell you to leave but then heard there is a process. Payment wise i literally have very little so paying is pretty much out of the question. How does the eviction process work?

Any advice would be very helpful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Are you saying that you can't pay the two back weeks? Or are you saying that you can't pay any rent at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

liam650 wrote: »
    So I have fallen into arrears of my rent for 2 weeks, it is paid monthly, financially I have found myself in some difficulty, can anyone advise on the steps that will be taken by the landlord? I have heard they can just tell you to leave but then heard there is a process. Payment wise i literally have very little so paying is pretty much out of the question. How does the eviction process work?

Any advice would be very helpful

Could you talk to the Community welfare officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

Can't pay the previous month as it is late 2 weeks, and going forward still can't pay, maybe a small amount but literally struggling big time

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note:

OP, in light of your recently closed "I've decided to stop paying rent" thread, this thread too is closed.

Do not start any more threads along the same subject.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement