Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Options
  • 10-10-2017 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    My carbon monoxide alarm bleeps once every 10 mins approx and when it does the yellow fault light flashes once. It's connected to the mains. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Thank You
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Dane29 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    My carbon monoxide alarm bleeps once every 10 mins approx and when it does the yellow fault light flashes once. It's connected to the mains. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Thank You
    D
    Low battery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Hi Everyone,

Thank You
    D

Carbon Monoxide (C.O.) alarms have a limited lifespan due to the sensors. Check how old it is, the unit itself may need replacing.

On the other hand, depending on the make / model, it may actually be picking up C.O. if an appliance nearby is in use.

Are you sure it is a C.O. alarm and not a smoke alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Dane29

Hi,
    Thanks for reply guys. It was only installed last January and has an expiry date of March 2021. Its definitely the Carbon monoxide alarm. There was away for a couple of days and when I came back it started this bleep. No appliance on when I returned. I didn't think a mains connected one would have batteries!

Thanks
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Check the manual of the particular type of alarm ASAP. Google it if you dont have a hard copy. If you still cant find it get on to whoever installed it.
    It could be detecting carbon monoxide!

Hi,
    Thanks for reply guys. It was only installed last January and has an expiry date of March 2021. Its definitely the Carbon monoxide alarm. There was away for a couple of days and when I came back it started this bleep. No appliance on when I returned. I didn't think a mains connected one would have batteries!

Thanks
    D

9v battery back up. from what youve said its a low battery notification beep.

• Advertisement

its could also be a faulty unit. if its not that old get the installer back to check it out

Thanks again. Ill have a look when I get home to see if it takes batteries but didn't look like I could open it. I left a message with electrician who installed it yesterday but he never came back to me. Typical!

Hi, just to let you know it was a battery change that was needed. Never knew there was a battery in it.

Thanks so much for your help.

Kind Regards
    D

Advertisement