Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Mortgage Account Saver Bonus

Options
  • 10-10-2017 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi..

If I qualify for the bonus of 2k after meeting all criteria, will I still qualify for the cash back of 2% on the mortgage on top of this ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Meself,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

If you qualify for both offers ( Mortgage SaverBonus and the 2% Cash Back) BOI will calculate this for you and give you the offer that’s of greatest value to you. (With each offer above, the T&C's state not applicable with any other offer).

Please be assured you will be notified by email regarding this.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Hi Meself,

If you qualify for both offers ( Mortgage SaverBonus and the 2% Cash Back) BOI will calculate this for you and give you the offer that’s of greatest value to you. (With each offer above, the T&C's state not applicable with any other offer).

Please be assured you will be notified by email regarding this.

Thanks,

Kareana

Unless you take out a mortgage of less than 100,000 (let's face it.. very few ) then the cashback offer of 2% will always make more sense.

Unless of course you plan to scrap it.

Hmmm. A little sneaky me thinks

Hi meself,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way.

This cash back offer runs till the 30th June 2018, if we withdraw the offer we will notify the public.

Any of our the terms and conditions of our offers are provided upfront. 

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Hi meself,

This cash back offer runs till the 30th June 2018, if we withdraw the offer we will notify the public.

Thanks,

Kareana

Has this now changed? https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/campaigns/cashback-plus-comms/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi meself,

Thanks,

Kareana

Has this now changed? https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/campaigns/cashback-plus-comms/
    Hi tomfoolery60, 

Yes as Kareana mentions above the offer runs until 30 June 2018. Please see this link for further details of this offer as the link you have there seems to be an old one in relation to this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Hi tomfoolery60, 

Yes as Kareana mentions above the offer runs until 30 June 2018. Please see this link for further details of this offer as the link you have there seems to be an old one in relation to this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

So, to be clear, you cannot combine the two offers and get 2k plus the 2%(+1%) cashback? The link I sent is outdated and misleading/incorrect and should be removed from BOI's website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi tomfoolery60,

We've sent a request to have the out of date link removed and thanks for flagging this. As mentioned above, the T&C's of each offer state that it's not applicable with any other offer.

Thanks again,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 12 David23686

Nothing in the T&Cs now on the website for either products about either offer not being combinable... And according to my mortgage advisor when I draw down in a  couple of weeks  I will be eligible to receive both bonuses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

David23686 wrote: »
    Nothing in the T&Cs now on the website for either products about either offer not being combinable... And according to my mortgage advisor when I draw down in a  couple of weeks  I will be eligible to receive both bonuses

Hi David23686, thanks for your post.

I just want to clarify this, if you’re a first time buyer that qualifies for a MortgageSaver Bonus and also qualifies for our 2% Cashback offer you’ll get both the MortgageSaver Bonus and Cashback.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Nicola 

I just want to clarify this, if you’re a first time buyer that qualifies for a MortgageSaver Bonus and also qualifies for our 2% Cashback offer you’ll get both the MortgageSaver Bonus and Cashback.

Thanks, Nicola 

Ok thanks and what about the Cashback Plus offer?

• Advertisement

Thanks, Nicola 

Ok thanks and what about the Cashback Plus offer?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sorry David23686, do you mean can you qualify for both the Cashback Plus offer along with the Mortgagesaver bonus?[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]

Thanks, Nicola
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sorry David23686, do you mean can you qualify for both the Cashback Plus offer along with the Mortgagesaver bonus?[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]

Thanks, Nicola
    [/font]

Yeah exactly. You mentioned the 2% cashback offer can be used with the mortgage saver bonus.
    Can the 3% offer be combined with the mortgage saver bonus?

Thanks, Nicola
    [/font]

Yeah exactly. You mentioned the 2% cashback offer can be used with the mortgage saver bonus.
    Can the 3% offer be combined with the mortgage saver bonus?
    Thanks David23686. 

Yes, if you're eligible for our Cashback Plus offer and the MortgageSaver Bonus you can get both the bonus and the cashback. 

Nicola 

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Zoz

Hi bank of Ireland,
    I am confused , in the beginnig you replied to meself that you can not combine both 2% cashback and mortgage saver bonus , but you replied to David23868 that you can combine both of them !!. So which one is correct

I got both
    Zoz wrote: »
    Hi bank of Ireland,
    I am confused , in the beginnig you replied to meself that you can not combine both 2% cashback and mortgage saver bonus , but you replied to David23868 that you can combine both of them !!. So which one is correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Zoz wrote: »
    Hi bank of Ireland,

Hi Zoz,

Thanks for your question.

The terms and conditions of the offers changed in between the two posts. As mentioned by Nicola above, the offers are both available to First Time Buyers.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

Hi,

Is it still the case that both offers are available together? Also, will the cash back offer extend beyond 30th June 2018?

Just on the MortgageSaver Bonus of €2,000 - my partner meets the criteria for the offer on her own individual BOI account so will she get the bonus when we drawdown our joint mortgage with BOI?

Thanks!

Hi BubbaM,

Cashback PLUS is exclusively for Bank of Ireland current account customers who are buying their first home, moving home or thinking about switching their mortgage to Bank of Ireland.

2% cashback payment will be 2% of the amount you borrow under your mortgage loan offer letter. The payment will be made into your mortgage-paying current account within 45 days of drawdown of your mortgage.

The first drawdown must be made between 5th September 2016 and 30th June 2018 to qualify for the offer. If this changes in anyway please be assured we will update our website.

Please see here for more information.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement