Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good quality IPTV device?

• 11-10-2017 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭

I have a good surround sound setup and a 60" plasma TV. TV is HD but not 4K. Sound would be as important as picture to me, if not more important. Looking for an IPTV box or hardware that would give me high quality sound via the amp. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Heighway61

I suppose what I'm talking about is a box that will pass to the amp what is broadcast, e.g., if Dolby Digital is broadcast that is what the amp will get not a "dumbed down" stereo or mono signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 w0bbles

Is the TV a smart TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ei9go

Smart IPTV app works fine on a Sony Android TV

The TV doesn't doesn't have ARC so can't pass audio to the amp. I haven't looked at many boxes and so far only see the Shield as stating it will pass the audio to the amp as is. The Shield might be overkill for my needs though, which is IPTV only. So I was wondering if anyone knew of some cheaper options that pass the audio to the amp and would be decent quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Most IPTV boxes have an optical audio out.

Does your amp have an optical port ?

IPTV and quality are NOT synonymous especially if the source is online streams.

• Advertisement

STB. wrote: »
    Most IPTV boxes have an optical audio out.

Does your amp have an optical port ?

IPTV and quality are NOT synonymous especially if the source is online streams.
    It does yeah. Will probably go with the Shield.

Advertisement