Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hey Leo? Why do I bother getting up in the morning?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

You go when you have to.

I suffer in pain until I can afford to.

I don't see people on benefits as scum. I don't consider class.

But I don't see why there should be perks for those who contribute nothing to society.

Perhaps your question should be aimed at your employer for more pay??

Do you want people on dole/medical cards....not to go to the doctor like

Visiting a doctor/medical services isn't a perk ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

You go when you have to.

I suffer in pain until I can afford to.

I don't see people on benefits as scum. I don't consider class.

But I don't see why there should be perks for those who contribute nothing to society.

The thanks was a mistake.

When someone who doesn't contribute can receive medical care that is denied to the person paying for it, yes that IS a perk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Except they believe it is a perk along with a house. Ideally if you dont work you end up on the streets until you finally expire. That way taxes can be eradicated and the workers can rejoice in their utopia :)

It must be kinda gas when/if they loose their job. The parody level of hatred they must have for themselves.

When someone who doesn't contribute can receive medical care that is denied to the person paying for it, yes that IS a perk.

Lol. I didnt expect you to straight up admit non workers should be let die :D

No....it's not a perk?

Noone anywhere should be denied medical care because they can't afford it,
    The minute people think it's ok to deny people medicalcare based on money...country is fcuked

have you the gp visit card??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭nilescraneo

I suspect it was Fianna Fail that demanded the dole increase.

Stupid policy as it just makes it harder to lower unemployment. Dole should be safety net, not a lifestyle choice.

You do understand we have near full employment now? There's feck all people choosing unemployment as a lifestyle choice. Don't let that get in the way of your tired, moronic ranting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Who is denied medical care in Ireland?

pjohnson wrote: »

Except they believe it is a perk along with a house. Ideally if you dont work you end up on the streets until you finally expire. That way taxes can be eradicated and the workers can rejoice in their utopia :)

It must be kinda gas when/if they loose their job. The parody level of hatred they must have for themselves.

Lose. Jesus, school is free.

Hitman3000 wrote: »

Who is denied medical care in Ireland?

Workers who have to pay sixty quid for an appointment of 100 to go to hospital and can't afford it.

Yes it really must be Pete. Most adults wouldnt advocate letting the unemployed die off.

• Advertisement

I suspect it was Fianna Fail that demanded the dole increase.

Stupid policy as it just makes it harder to lower unemployment. Dole should be safety net, not a lifestyle choice.

You do understand we have near full employment now? There's feck all people choosing unemployment as a lifestyle choice. Don't let that get in the way of your tired, moronic ranting though.

I love naive fools. They're so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

* I don't go on holidays. I'm still paying the loans for my childrens education as I wasn't entitled to a grant because I work hard and earn a decent wage.
    * I live in a decent house because I took out a mortgage and paid all repayments and stamp duty. I didn't look for a council house.
    * I buy most of my clothes in Penneys actually.
    * I'm not a gym member. Never been in one actually. I play golf and take out a CU loan to pay for it annually. Again nothing free.
    * My car is a 2007 Focus.
    * I have one 32" t.V. which I saved to buy through not going to the pub at night.
    * I shop in Lidl and Aldi.

I'm protesting because I pay for everything, work hard but feel penalised for the privilege.

Mad stuff, I compare now to the 80's 70's etc as a reason why people aren't protesting and you respond by justifying what you have and comparing yourself to others can you not pull yourself away from comparing just for a moment. You can always go back mad as hell afterwards.
    And this post gets a whole bunch of support.

The rich live in mansions get around in super cars helicopters and planes the poor live in social housing and get around on public transport
    So who are the houses and cars sold over the last 10/15 for? On average people are living much much higher than they did 30 years ago , that's progress anyway you look at it.

Yes it really must be Pete. Most adults wouldnt advocate letting the unemployed die off.

Have no desire to see them dying off.

We'd have to pay for the lavish funerals with the horses for one thing.

Have no desire to see them dying off.

Do you smoke Peter? Or Drink?

Workers who have to pay sixty quid for an appointment of 100 to go to hospital and can't afford it.

So your claim of denied medical care is b.s.. Thanks for confirming.

You're just making a fool of yourself now.

Thats why I wonder if it drinks/smokes? Pete gets very upset at how "MY TAXES" are spent. I'm wondering how she can claim money spent is still hers somehow :D

If shes a non smoker/drinker she must loose her mind when her local shop spends money she spent on groceries to get smokes/booze lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Free GP care for all!

What part of "unable to receive medical care due to having to pay for it" doesn't translate as "denied" to you ????

• Advertisement

Thats why I wonder if it drinks/smokes? Pete gets very upset at how "MY TAXES" are spent. I'm wondering how she can claim money spent is still hers somehow :D

It? Nice.

No actually I've never smoked and I don't drink. I can't.

What part of "unable to receive medical care due to having to pay for it" doesn't translate as "denied" to you ????

You are unable to recieve medical care if you are dead. You think having to pay = denied?

naughtb4 wrote: »

Free GP care for all!

I'd disagree

Say a 20 euro fee across the board. To everyone. Kids five euro.

It? Nice.

Do you get upset when "MY MONEY" is spent on stocks of fags/booze?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'd disagree

Say a 20 euro fee across the board. To everyone. Kids five euro.

Free GP Care for noone!

You are unable to recieve medical care if you are dead. You think having to pay = denied?

Go to my GP then and make her see me for free. See how far you get.

• Advertisement

It? Nice.

Do you get upset when "MY MONEY" is spent on stocks of fags/booze?

If you're on welfare? Damn right

Bigger? My house could fit twice into my parents, and then again into their garden. And they bought it earlier in life on one wage.
    Smaller families you're average family has way more space today.

If rent is taking 40% of your post tax wages, if childcare takes another 20%, the fact that things are better than the past in some ways is meaningless. The 80's were better than the 50's. You expect that in a modern industrial system.
    You're living in a nicer place, if you say otherwise, then tell me why have they put ensuite bathrooms breakfast counters, wooden and marble floors nicer doors nicer door nobs in all the new houses and year on year the finish get more lavish.
    What you say about the 50's is correct but how is it meaningless?
    The truth of the matter is people are upset not because of what they have or have not its when they compare themselves to others.

Go to my GP then and make her see me for free. See how far you get.

You claimed that having to pay = denied.

Its only denied if you refuse to pay. If you refuse to pay you deny yourself?

If you're on welfare? Damn right

Ah so how long do you retain ownership of your spent money then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Rick Shaw wrote:
    Why the fook should the people on the dole who don't have to worry about targets, quotas, competitors, courses, customers, lunches, not seeing the kids most of the week, setting the alarm clock, working bloody hard etc etc etc. Get the same (more in many cases) monthly amount for doing diddly squat?

We simply cannot assume that those in receipt of "dole" are all work shy scroungers. The system no longer permits those who are fit and capable of working to take money in return for doing absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Smaller families you're average family has way more space today.

A house is either bigger or it isnt.
    You're living in a nicer place, if you say otherwise, then tell me why have they put ensuite bathrooms breakfast counters, wooden and marble floors nicer doors nicer door nobs in all the new houses and year on year the finish get more lavish.
    What you say about the 50's is correct but how is it meaningless?
    The truth of the matter is people are upset not because of what they have or have not its when they compare themselves to others.

Comparing to the past is meaningless, but actually my parents house is still around and has better appliances.

Its a massive deflection to point to the 80's. Why not point to 1840 when people largely lived in mud huts?

Why don't you get the gp visitor card??

In no world is it right to feel your denied access to medical care due to money,your quibble lies with the medical profession for this....not the less well off

Why don't you get the gp visitor card??

In no world is it right to feel your denied access to medical care due to money,your quibble lies with the medical profession for this....not the less well off

The GP visitor card isnt universal either.

It points to a problem with Irish welfarism. Its not universal and there are few benefits to being a payer. In fact you can lose out ( not just in health but in pensions if you are getting a contributory pension). Limited dole for the self employed. No extra dole money for the PRSI payer, a limit to the payments if you have savings. No help on mortgages.

In some european countries both pensions and dole are linked to your income.

Simple solution , rock up to A and E see doctor. Get bill pay in instalments. Sorted . No one is denied medical care in Ireland despite your claim to the contrary. Inability to pay is not the same as denied access. Hope that translates for you.

Simple solution , rock up to A and E see doctor. Get bill pay in instalments. Sorted . No one is denied medical care in Ireland despite your claim to the contrary. Inability to pay is not the same as denied access. Hope that translates for you.

He is still paying. Whats all the tax money thats a greater proportion of our tax take compared to the UK with its totally free NHS actually doing?

Think about it, nobody would care about people on the dole getting free GP visits if we all did.

naughtb4 wrote:
    Free GP care for all!

Funny I went to a Doc recently we got to chatting he said the under 6 gp card is having a negative affect on his ability to cope with practice workload.

He is still paying. Whats all the tax money thats a greater proportion of our tax take compared to the UK with its totally free NHS actually doing?

Think about it, nobody would care about people on the dole getting free GP visits if we all did.

I fully support this....in no world is it right for anyone to be refused medical care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Do you live & pay tax in the UK? Soon to be a non EU country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I fully support this....in no world is it right for anyone to be refused medical care

On a recent trip to Canada, I thought I was going to need to see a doctor. No one could tell me how much a visit to the GP would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Is the dole a lifestyle choice for some?

There is still a demand for workers out there. Jobs which require the minimum of education or skill sets.

If someone is long term on the dole is it harder for them now to choose not to work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

chicorytip wrote: »
    The system no longer permits those who are fit and capable of working to take money in return for doing absolutely nothing.

:pac:

I don't know where to start with that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

It's hilarious to hear discussion about going to the doctor as a perk like its a day out!

The amount of umhappiness and bitterness in Ireland is unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

myshirt wrote: »
    Ah that's bullsh't. He who shouts the loudest. Extract as much as you can get away with. That was for a different time and age. We have a more progressive society now. You are taking it out of context.

The only thing he is right on is that baby boomers need to be taxed more, and that inheritance tax should rise so as to ensure wealth is not passed on without being heavily taxed. Too many baby boomers and early gen'x'ers seem to believe any wealth they have is a product entirely of their own effort, and it is theirs to pass on to their kids. It's not. They don't understand economics.

This is a very very dangerous idea. Inheritance tax should be reduced, but then people are less inclined to work ;)
    The lefties want the wealth to be shared amongst the people who couldn't be arsed listening and working hard in school.

Nobody wants that. Your post is nonsensical hyperbole.

Oh and by the way, working hard in school and listening is no guarantee for a good wage. There's far more variables than those two.

You're full of absolute ****.

You were on a different thread only last week sympathising with someone on the dole struggling saying you hope it gets easier soon.

What exactly is there problem here bin? He sympathised with somebody who lost their job (and their OH lost their job too), what an evil evil person, right?
    Now they get something extra and you're in here slating people on the dole and saying they do a grand total of dick.

You have been found out.

Whatever way the wind blows to further your personal political beliefs.

It's fairly obvious that his statement is meant for those who have never and don't ever intend on working.

pilly wrote: »
    I've never understood this train of thought.

I've the utmost of respect for carers, I looked after my own mother for a year but I don't see it as saving the state money.

If you see it that way that means that we should all be dumping our elderly parents at the doors of hospitals? If someone is your family it's your duty to look after them.

It's just like saying mothers are saving the state a fortune if they stay at home. That's not how it works.

There's certainly no duty to care for a sick family member. What about your current family? Even if you have no family of your own, expecting somebody in full time employment to look after sick family members is very wrong.
    Yes they most certainly are.

Poverty? Stop would you.

Poverty exists in Ireland, so does homelessness. Saying it's a myth over and over again, doesn't make it so. It's a real insult to those who are living in poverty and who are living on the streets.
    If you are out of a job you are looked after better than a working person.

It's not the goverments fault parents spend their money on drink smokes gambling drugs then have a whinge about child poverty or whatever nonsense the likes of yourself will listen too.

Personal responsibility.

What an incredibly idiotic and senseless post. This post makes you look disillusion. This comment is disconnected from reality.

Your posts on here follow the same structure, each and every time. You are only capable of mustering up generalizations and incorrect "facts".

No I think someone like Johnathan corrie who sold 2 houses his family bought him and refused accomodation the night he died is just beyond help and it's most definitely not the goverments fault.

This is one person, are you really trying to convince us that there's no such thing as homelessness and poverty with this one example?

Damn f***ing right we are!

There is no way that it is right for people who do not work to get more than those who do.

I think you are referring to the actual increase itself. It's still not a lot, 5 euro on top of social welfare is not mega bucks at all.

By the way, it doesn't matter what party are in power, they are all the same.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Do you live & pay tax in the UK? Soon to be a non EU country

No. But thanks for that irrelevant info about Brexit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

It is.

Ipso wrote: »
    It is.

Missing a question mark?

Most countries don’t refuse medical care. Some countries charge lots after the care.

A house is either bigger or it isnt.
    What?
    you've all different size houses 2 beds 3 beds 4 beds etc.
    the point is as time goes by on average people have more space

Comparing to the past is meaningless, but actually my parents house is still around and has better appliances.

Its a massive deflection to point to the 80's. Why not point to 1840 when people largely lived in mud huts?
    Deflection from what?
    I've said 80's because people many people going about today grew up in the 80's and should be clearly ably see the progress and how much more comfortable their lives are.

What?
    you've all different size houses 2 beds 3 beds 4 beds etc.as
    the point is as time goes by on average people have more space

Houses aren’t bigger. They are smaller. The number of people who enter a building have no effect on the buildings size.
    Deflection from what?
    I've said 80's because people many people about today grew up in the 80 and should be clearly ably see the progress and how much more comfortable their lives are.

Deflection from the thread topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I've said 80's because people many people about today grew up in the 80 and should be clearly ably see the progress and how much more comfortable their lives are.

our lives are no doubt more comfortable in ways but again, things such as job security is more precarious compared to the past

Advertisement