Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starter Advice

• 11-10-2017 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm probably like many after budget day thinking it's definitely time to quit the smokes. I did try vaping a few years ago but didn't get very far. Seemed to be getting 'head rush' when using it. At the time I bought an Inspire starter kit. Can't remember what model but is long since lost.

I am looking for some advice on using vaping again to quit smoking.

Can anyone recommend a good descent kit to quit smoking. I'm not interested in big clouds of vape etc just a good solid reliable product that will last. Mouth to lung like smoking.

Which strength of juice? (currently smoking 15-20 a day). I had 18mg before and not sure if this was too strong giving me the head rush (maybe this was just in my head!)

Any advice would be great and also where to purchase

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Hi Folks,

I'm probably like many after budget day thinking it's definitely time to quit the smokes. I did try vaping a few years ago but didn't get very far. Seemed to be getting 'head rush' when using it. At the time I bought an Inspire starter kit. Can't remember what model but is long since lost.

I am looking for some advice on using vaping again to quit smoking.

Can anyone recommend a good descent kit to quit smoking. I'm not interested in big clouds of vape etc just a good solid reliable product that will last. Mouth to lung like smoking.

Which strength of juice? (currently smoking 15-20 a day). I had 18mg before and not sure if this was too strong giving me the head rush (maybe this was just in my head!)

Any advice would be great and also where to purchase

Thanks

This kit seems to be the best around http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/854-aspire-zelos-50w-kit.html
    I would buy a few spare coils as well http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/469-aspire-nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil-head.html & don't forget you eliquid....enter this code IRISHVAPE to get 10% off your cart when going through checkout...

You'll never find a liquid that matches your smokes,everybody's taste is different,so I can't really recommend a juice.

You could try 12mg,that might be enough of a throat hit for you,I would buy 12mg & 18mg of the same liquid & try the 18mg first,if it is too strong,mix the 12mg to the 18mg or vice versa.

If you decide on it,let us know what liquid you are thinking about using,we might know it....

YouTube is your best friend when it comes to vaping,a lot of reviewers giving their different opinions...

This one shows you the kit but concentrates on the mod...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJsbOm8-SAQ

Same reviewer showing the tank....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wux7-VzZJKM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭niall_walsh

Thanks for your feedback and useful tips. The video links are great. The more I look at it I think this is the one i'll go for.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your feedback and useful tips. The video links are great. The more I look at it I think this is the one i'll go for.

Thanks again.

Excellent kit,don't forget to prime the new coil first,about 4 drops eliquid down the centre of the coil,also,did you see in the video about filling the tank,I always close the air holes & fill up,screw top on slowly till you feel it tighten then turn the tank upside down for a couple of seconds & then screw the top on fully.
    We need to do this on some tanks,just stops it from leaking,sometimes it wont leak at all,all to do with the vacuum.

Ask as many questions as you like,there's a lot of us here to answer them...

Oh yeah,get yourself 5 x coils,I would recommend 1.8 Ohm,a great coil...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I’m pretty certain I’m gonna get the same kit. I’ll probably be here with a million questions when I do

• Advertisement

hdowney wrote: »
    I’m pretty certain I’m gonna get the same kit. I’ll probably be here with a million questions when I do

It'll be handy to get off those smokes,I think a packet of cigs was €4 when I stopped smoking,all you need is the Nicotine to stop those cravings for a smoke.
    Good luck with your new kit,all questions are answered here...
    Vaping can be overwhelming if you think about it too much & it can put off smokers from trying it.
    YouTube is a great help,it's the only way of finding out about new stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭1997

Have a basic model from few yeara back and been considering an upgrade. My old 1 has to be charged daily,how long would these batteries last please?

1997 wrote: »
    Have a basic model from few yeara back and been considering an upgrade. My old 1 has to be charged daily,how long would these batteries last please?

The best kit around is the Zelos,have a look at 2 of my posts above yours,links on where to buy & 2 videos showing the Zelos...

Come back if you need any questions answered...

Advertisement