Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Nations League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone watching Serbia vs Montenegro? Serbia 2-0 up and get a penalty, Mitrovic steps up to take it, goes for the Panenka but gets it all wrong and sends it over the bar. Embarrassing.

Edit: Here it is...

https://twitter.com/splusk10/status/1063805963776532482

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Hopefully it won't come back to haunt him. 2-1 now with Montenegro playing well enough. Only nine minutes left though.

Finishes 2-1. Serbia will be promoted to League B and earn playoff spot if they beat Lithuania at home on Tuesday. That won't be necessary if Romania don't win their remaining two fixtures - home to Lithuania tonight and away to Montenegro on Tuesday.

Turkey vs Sweden coming up at 5. If Turkey win, the Swedes are relegated; if Sweden win, the Turks are relegated. Teams:
    Turkey XI: Bolat; Celik, Aziz, Soyuncu, Ali Kaldirim; Yokuslu; Cengiz Under, Malli, Calhanoglu, Tekdemir; Cenk Tosun.

Sweden XI: Olsen; Lustig, Lindelof, Grandqvist, Augustinsson; Claesson, Ekdal, Larsson, Olsson; Berg, Johansson.

Celik and Augustinsson are two FBs I like so I'm keen to see how they get on. This looks a tough task for the Swedes. Under will likely cause them lots of problems. Then again it's Sweden and they're always capable of causing a surprise.

Game is on VM Sport and Sky Sports Football.

Half-Time: 0-0 at the break. Not a lot of chances so far but Turkey went closest in the final seconds as Olsen saved point blank from Calhanoglu.

Sweden have started the second half brightly enough. Turkey seem to have lost a lot of composure - unable to keep any sort of possession.

0-0 with half an hour still to play.

I'm waiting for Turkey in two different bets.

• Advertisement

Penalty to Sweden. Clumsy foul from Yokuslu.

And Granqvist scores. Twenty minutes remaining for Turkey to save themselves. Should be an exciting finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Penalty to Sweden. Clumsy foul from Yokuslu.

And Granqvist scores.

Would've bet on him FGS or LGS if I had thought of it...

Full-Time and Sweden win 1-0, a result that relegates Turkey. I really admire how Sweden can dig out results when their backs are against the wall. No superstars in the post-Zlatan era but their mentality is rock solid.

Wouldn't want to face Turkey in Group C. Think they'd be one of the stronger sides.

Finishes 0-1 to Sweden who'll be promoted if they win at home to Russia on Tuesday. Turkey relegated - delighted because I'm a bitter **** who lost money on them :)

Kosovo and Azerbaijan both won in League D which sets it up nicely on final day. Azerbaijan need to win in Kosovo to gain promotion. Any other result and it's Kosovo.

Three games at 7.45

League A

Italy v Portugal

Portugal only need a draw to top the group and make the semis.

League C Group 1

Albania v Scotland

Albania need to win to avoid relegation. Scotland have only played two and could be promoted or relegated. Hard to not admire the long suffering Scottish fans who always travel in their thousands so hope they don't end up in Group D.

League C Group 4

Romania v Lithuania

Must win for both sides for different reasons. Romania need to win tonight and away to Serbia to top the group. Lithuania need to win last two to even have a chance of avoiding relegation.

• Advertisement

Italy vs Portugal teams:
    Italy XI: Donnarumma; Florenzi, Bonucci, Chiellini, Biraghi; Verratti, Jorginho, Barella; Chiesa, Immobile, Insigne.

Portugal XI: Patricio; Cancelo, Dias, Fonte, Rui; Pizzi, Carvalho, Neves; Bruma, Andre Silva, Bernardo Silva.

Plenty of quality on show. Great attacking talent and a very interesting midfield battle.

Portugal draw or better means they become the first nation to make the Nations League final four.

Mancini could do with a big result but I reckon Portugal can win it. Carvalho and Neves are in form, Bernardo Silva is a magician, and Andre Silva will be eager to impress in Italy after his disappointing spell with Milan.

Scotland and Romania both a goal up and no goals yet in Milan so those two and Portugal on track so far, albeit with only 18 minutes gone and Italy on top.

Full-Time as Italy and Portugal finish goalless. Portugal advance to the last four.

Are groups decided on the basis of head to head results if teams are level on points? I see Scotland are behind Israel even though they have a better goal difference.

Are groups decided on the basis of head to head results if teams are level on points? I see Scotland are behind Israel even though they have a better goal difference.

I think it's head to head. Scotland will need to beat Israel to get promoted. Should be a good atmosphere.

Just noticed England vs Croatia tomorrow is the early game at 2pm. A lot at stake in that one.

Yup, UEFA use head to head while FIFA tournaments are GD

I think it's head to head. Scotland will need to beat Israel to get promoted.

But that would leave them one win each. Does it then go to head to head GD or overall GD?

So Portugal through to semis as per Mr. Nice Guy's post after holding Italy to a 0-0.

Scotland win 0-4 to relegate Albania and set themselves up for Tuesday when only a home win against Israel will overhaul them for top spot.

Romania beat Lithuania which relegated Lithuania and gives them a chance of top spot by winning away to Serbia. Any other result gives the Serbs top spot.

But that would leave them one win each. Does it then go to head to head GD or overall GD?

Won't come in to the equation. They're both on 6 points. A win for either puts them on 9 v 6. A draw still leaves Israel with the better head to head after they beat them last month.

• Advertisement

Trying to work out the permutations of England vs Croatia tomorrow. I believe this is accurate:

- If England win, they win the group and Croatia are relegated.

- If Croatia win, they win the group and England are relegated.

- If England and Croatia draw 0-0, Spain win the group and Croatia are relegated.

- If England and Croatia have a score draw, Spain win the group and England are relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Watched the last 30 minutes of Italy vs Portugal earlier. Was very poor & played at walking pace. With their choice of strikers Italy won't be going far; I read that Chiellini who's hardly freescoring has more goals than anyone else in the squad at 8.
    Thank f**k the internationals are nearly over for another few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Trying to work out the permutations of England vs Croatia tomorrow. I believe this is accurate:

- If England win, they win the group and Croatia are relegated.

- If Croatia win, they win the group and England are relegated.

- If England and Croatia draw 0-0, Spain win the group and Croatia are relegated.

- If England and Croatia have a score draw, Spain win the group and England are relegated.

Ha, that's mad!

The complexities of a small group where a team can get five points and lose once and be relegated while another in same group can top it with six points and two losses.

Great stuff!

Under way at Wembley.
    England XI: Pickford; Walker, Gomez, Stones, Chilwell; Dier, Barkley, Delph; Sterling, Kane, Rashford.

Croatia XI: Kalinic; Vrsaljko, Lovren, Vida, Jedvaj; Modric, Brozovic; Rebic, Vlasic, Perisic; Kramaric.

Strong looking Croatia even with Rakitic missing. Looking forward to seeing how Rebic does as he's been great in the Bundesliga with Eintracht.

England playing some good stuff. Sterling and Kane with early good chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sterling and Kane both fluffing their lines, if Sterling could only finish like a natural he'd be brilliant now.

/spits! :pac:

God Suker looks pretty raddled, didn't recognise him at first.

God Suker looks pretty raddled, didn't recognise him at first.

I was chatting about football with a Croatian chap this past summer and he was asking me about players I knew from his country. One of the names I mentioned was Suker and he shook his head saying "we hate him". This was a surprise to me. Apparently he's got himself involved in a few scandals.

• Advertisement

KRAMARIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCC

How composed was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Wow what a goal he was so calm

Incredibly cool head by Kramaric there. Imagine being ready to take so long to create the right opening with 100,000 people watching your every move.

Twenty minutes for England to get 2 goals. Can they do it? I think so. But I reckon Sancho should be on.

Edit: He's coming on along with Lingard.

Lingard equalises!

One more goal needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Kane to swear on another family member for a goal

• Advertisement

Both sides going for it. This is great. Way better than friendlies.

Kane scores!

England going to win the group.

Get the **** in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Some game alright. No lack of effort both sides going for it. About to say England looking more likely and as I type Kane scores. Croatia to a man for the last 10 minutes looking out on their feet too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Whooooo! 2-1 Kane. Massive effort to come from behind against a side of Croatia's calibre.

• Advertisement

Kane has been in terrible form and should have been dropped really but then he does that and is now even more undroppable!

Great game. Keith Andrew’s dragged-out commentary is the only downer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Great game. Keith Andrew’s dragged-out commentary is the only downer.

Sky commentary is better. Making reference to 1966 as often as the can 😂😂

England deserved winners here should have had a couple more

Kane has been in terrible form and should have been dropped really but then he does that and is now even more undroppable!

Didn't hear him mentioned for large parts of the game.

Full-Time and England win 2-1 to reach the final four and relegating Croatia.

Deserved win for England. Very enjoyable game. Was disappointed with Croatia in attack. Expected more from Rebic.

Blow the whistle ref! :D

and he has.

Are Spain relegated? I dunno how this infernal competition works.

edit - it's Croatia. What a fall from grace ;)

and he has.

Are Spain relegated?

Croatia

and he has.

Nope they had two wins. Croatia are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

and he has.

Nope Croatia England into playoffs

Berserker wrote: »
    Nope they had two wins. Croatia are.

This competition has actually interested me more than I thought it would. From champions to relegation in 10 minutes, and vice versa for England

• Advertisement
Advertisement