Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New front door - recommendations needed

Options
  • 11-10-2017 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

We need a new front door and are struggling to get a quote from anyone. Asked Munster Joinery for a quote in August and despite following it up I have yet to hear back from them. Senator Windows were way out of my price range. Have a number of a local fitter in Carlow but he will not give us a quote either - have rang him several times and he fobs me off with I'll get back to you this evening with a quote. It seems that my job is too small for anyone and really need a new door installed for the winter months. I have numbers for others but don't know anyone who has had work done with them. Anyone recommend anyone who was good? We are located on Carlow/Wexford border.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Haven't used them but have a look at https://www.brealeywindowsanddoors.ie/ they are based on wexford road out of carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Have used Brealeys recently to install 1 of their palledo range of doors, my mother got them too to install back & front door. No issue, Brian had great advice on options/style, installed within a few hours & the lads even hoovered up after themselves. Had a minor issue, rang Brian & by the time I got home from work that evening it was sorted. Looking at circa €2.5 to €3k for a front door with 2 glass side panels. My advice would be to have a drive around down or local estates & get an idea of what you want, there are some lovely doors out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭mrs.doubt.fire

denis160 wrote: »
    Looking at circa €2.5 to €3k for a front door with 2 glass side panels.

Good heavens...I got 4 windows and 1 front door for the same money! Including fitting. From a different company of course, reputable company too as they have done work for me on a previous house I own.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭mrs.doubt.fire

Shop around. I find companies who have big show rooms charge 10 times the price. Small companies who's work shop is also their show room dont over charge and their work is just as good if not better.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

denis160 wrote: »
    Have used Brealeys recently to install 1 of their palledo range of doors, my mother got them too to install back & front door. No issue, Brian had great advice on options/style, installed within a few hours & the lads even hoovered up after themselves. Had a minor issue, rang Brian & by the time I got home from work that evening it was sorted. Looking at circa €2.5 to €3k for a front door with 2 glass side panels. My advice would be to have a drive around down or local estates & get an idea of what you want, there are some lovely doors out there.

3k for a palladio door is very expensive. They are made by Palladio in Limerick and are installed by other companies.

I know the markets changed a bit but i would be shopping around.

OP we went with Celbridge Window systems but they might tip down to you too. Give Andrew a call details on their website. (No affiliation just a happy customer).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

Cuddihy window door services, 11 Altamount park, Kilkenny, 086-22131368 Pat Cuddihy.
    Did work for me couldn't fault them for anything small set up they serve Carlow ,Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Old Manor Windows in Bagenalstown. Top quality service.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

I recently got a front door made and installed by Worldwide Windows in Bagenalstown for 1.2k. Very happy with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kat12

patricia88 wrote: »
    We need a new front door and are struggling to get a quote from anyone. Asked Munster Joinery for a quote in August and despite following it up I have yet to hear back from them. Senator Windows were way out of my price range. Have a number of a local fitter in Carlow but he will not give us a quote either - have rang him several times and he fobs me off with I'll get back to you this evening with a quote. It seems that my job is too small for anyone and really need a new door installed for the winter months. I have numbers for others but don't know anyone who has had work done with them. Anyone recommend anyone who was good? We are located on Carlow/Wexford border.

Did you get sorted? I had a new front door installed recently by You Value Windows. They're based in Nenagh but the fitter lives locally. A great job and price. Priced around and Brealeys was the most expensive. Like another poster stated..you pay for the fancy showroom.

Advertisement