Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get a mortgage as a "Temp" in Public Sector Contract

Options
  • 11-10-2017 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hello

I have been employed by the Public Sector for almost two years. I was initially taken on for a year(as were about 10 of us in my office due to the moratorium). These contracts were then extended "indefinitely". There is no end date. After four years you are made permanent. My issue is now that I want to go for a mortgage will the bank refuse based on the fact that technically I am a temp?

My partner has been in his Private Sector permanent job for 18 months. Our wages are fairly average/crap but we are getting a dig out from my Ma.
    Currently renting an apartment for €1400 p/m. It's crippling us financially but we have NEVER been late with rent. (I have been renting for over 10 years in Dublin)

I don't want to wait another two years before applying as we are ready now with a lump sum. However we still need the mortage!

Anyone else been in this situation?

Help!
    Tagged:

Advertisement