Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surely i can cancel my service without charge?

Options
  • 11-10-2017 12:26pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So whats the story with cancelling service?
    I got a call back in march asking me to stay with eir if they took €5 per month off the bill.
    It was unlimited back then so surely eir have breached terms and conditions by introducing this 1Tb limit.
    Im not getting what i paid for so i will go elsewhere.

Can one of the reps on here look into this please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Dcully wrote: »
    So whats the story with cancelling service?
    I got a call back in march asking me to stay with eir if they took €5 per month off the bill.
    It was unlimited back then so surely eir have breached terms and conditions by introducing this 1Tb limit.
    Im not getting what i paid for so i will go elsewhere.

Can one of the reps on here look into this please.
    Hi Dcully,

Our unlimited broadband package has always had a fair usage limit of 1TB, this hasn't been added recently. If you are in contract and you're looking to go to a different provider over the fair usage limit, you would be required to pay early cancellation charges.

- Adam

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It was advertised as unlimited when i took the call from eir and when i signed up.

TL916UA.png
    Does that look like unlimited to you Adam?
    Sure does to me.
    Unlimited is unlimited,, what part of that does eir not understand?
    Only recently there is no mention of unlimited in your advertising campaign, when i signed up its all we heard about.
    When i do cancel i wont be paying anything, see how far eir get with that and false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Unlimited has been determined to be a limit that impacts less than 1% of users, not what you might read in the Oxford ED. 

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It was advertised as unlimited when i took the call from eir and when i signed up.

TL916UA.png
    Sure does to me.
    Only recently there is no mention of unlimited in your advertising campaign, when i signed up its all we heard about.
    When i do cancel i wont be paying anything, see how far eir get with that and false advertising.
    You're confusing "unlimited" with "eir unlimited".

Two completely different interpretations.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

TL916UA.png
    Sure does to me.

Always read the small print it always says it in there that unlimited has a fair usage policy of up to whatever the limit is

Plus all providers have a fair usage policy even though they say its unlimited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ozanam

Virgin has unlimited... and by unlimited they mean "Absolutely no usage limits"

I don't know why they do this.. they make a quick buck now but lose there customers in the long run. I wont ever use Eir because of this.

If you are watching Netflix in 4k you are burning through 18GB and hour!!

TL916UA.png
    Sure does to me.

Always read the small print it always says it in there that unlimited has a fair usage policy of up to whatever the limit is

Its still false advertising regardless of small print.
    Unlimited usage means unlimited usage lol no amount of small print changes that.
    eir wouldnt go anywhere near a court with this slogan,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

TL916UA.png
    Sure does to me.

Its still false advertising regardless of small print.
    Unlimited usage means unlimited usage lol no amount of small print changes that.
    eir wouldnt go anywhere near a court with this slogan,
    Yeah and to be fair, it doubles down on that Usage " Absolutely no usage limits"

It's categorically misleading.

TL916UA.png
    Sure does to me.
    Our fair usage limit would have been noted in our terms and conditions when you were signing up with us and it would be up to the customer to be familiar with these terms and conditions prior to agreeing on a contract with us. 

Sorry I can't give you better news here.

- Adam

Thats where yet again you are wrong Adam.
    There was no mention of it over the phone when i signed up.
    I specifically asked about it and was told "absolutely no usage limits" as if they were reading it from the template above.
    That very same absolutely no limits was spammed every where one could see.
    Absolutely no limits = absolutely no limits in the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭raydator

I specifically asked about it and was told "absolutely no usage limits" as if they were reading it from the template above.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/104932874

The terms and conditions wouldn't be quoted to you over the phone when signing up for the service. They are available online to view for anybody prior to signing up with us. our fair usage limit is stated on the below links:

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/Part3.1.pdf

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/

- Adam

Yes Adam page 3 states eir fibre [unlimited] then under usage limit it clearly states "unlimited"

Like i said i dont care what afterthought small print is there, it clearly states unlimited.

I have never nor will ever go anywhere near this so called limit but its not the point i was not sold the product i signed up for.

Advertisement