Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2017-18 Champions Cup

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

What a finish.

Keeps Ospreys somewhat alive but they'll need a lot of luck from here on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Another great converted try at the end for Ospreys.
    They only became effective when they started throwing the ball wide and running from their own half. Some brilliant handling by them.

This was the way to beat Saracens, not the way Munster play.

Hadderfield was the Ospreys 9. He looked very good and has a very good pass off both sides. He also did very well when forced onto the wing.

Reminiscent of the old Ospreys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Exeter Chiefs
    Stade Francais lose again in the Challenge Cup: 7-44 to London Irish at home. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Exeter Chiefs
    Stade Francais lose again in the Challenge Cup: 7-44 to London Irish at home. :eek:

Saw photo on twitter. Looked like Edinburgh in murrayfield sort of attendance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Racing 92
    Bloody hell, Irish second from bottom in the English Prem too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Scythica

Wasps
    falcons beat bordeaux 21-20 in Bordeaux.

Toby flood played well. bit of a mishmash game otherwise.

Onwards to La Rochelle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Exeter Chiefs
    Early rounds so far have shown the pro14 in a very positive light. Hopefully Ulster can make it a great start for the irish sides in particular.

Munster a little lucky with refs not going for penalty tries (2 last week, could have been 1 yday for maul collapse - other refs might have given them) but then again you make your own luck sometimes

Connacht have had two good wins just when they are needed.

Leinster have put themselves into a great position, I think 6 points would have been seen as acceptable. 10 is just fantastic

Hopefully Ulster can squeeze a win today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Montpellier
    DDC1990 wrote: »
    Terrible performance today.

Also on certain streams BT comms could be heard slating him at half time when they thought the mics were off.

Called him a dickhead and Ben ****ehouse aparently.

I'm watching a replay of the match. Are there any incidents I need to look out for as its 35 min in and he's been fine.

Did Ugo Monye play for Northampton because he makes the BBC NI commentary look fair and impartial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Northampton try disallowed for slapping the ball, when the ball went backwards (aparantly legal). They were giving out about him leaving Parra back on yhe field when he was "unconcious" in Whitehouse's own words. Hartley's yellow. The farce toward the end of the first half with scrums and looking for another hooker. Lots of little things as well like the Northampton foot in touch which after a penalty 2 phases later lead to the try. (not his fault but another officiating error). He should have sent Slimani off later for a sgoulder to the head, but Whitehouse ignored the TMO saying head/neck area and went with his own interpretation of lower neck area and gave a yellow.

I thought he had a poor day at the office but the BT boys being inashamedly biased ripped into him (especially at half time when their mics were meant to be off). Haven't found any video or audio footage of them bashing him at half time but there is some discussion of it on reddit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The BT lads let themselves down badly. The EPCR need to have a word with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Racing 92
    The BT lads let themselves down badly. The EPCR need to have a word with them.

Don't think that's actually going to happen, do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Exeter Chiefs
    #BTBantz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Castres
    Monye burgled a lions test jersey and he's now burgling a pundit career. If he put as much time into his work as he does to what he's wearing he might be half useful

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Don't think that's actually going to happen, do you?

Yep, don't think it'll make any difference though

Racing 92
    Yep, don't think it'll make any difference though

If there's any disciplinary proceedings.. it'll be completely internal, EPCR would be better off not even commenting I would think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Montpellier
    DDC1990 wrote: »
    Northampton try disallowed for slapping the ball, when the ball went backwards (aparantly legal). They were giving out about him leaving Parra back on yhe field when he was "unconcious" in Whitehouse's own words. Hartley's yellow. The farce toward the end of the first half with scrums and looking for another hooker. Lots of little things as well like the Northampton foot in touch which after a penalty 2 phases later lead to the try. (not his fault but another officiating error). He should have sent Slimani off later for a sgoulder to the head, but Whitehouse ignored the TMO saying head/neck area and went with his own interpretation of lower neck area and gave a yellow.

I thought he had a poor day at the office but the BT boys being inashamedly biased ripped into him (especially at half time when their mics were meant to be off). Haven't found any video or audio footage of them bashing him at half time but there is some discussion of it on reddit.

Disallowing the try for slapping the ball down was the correct decision. The ball hit the ground in front of the player who slapped it. If he did that to a pass, there wouldn't even be a discussion.

Hartley's YC was a fair call. He dives over the tackle area and the only contact he makes is smacking an opponent in the face with a swinging arm. It's Hartley so I think it's fair to say it was intentional and should have been a red :D

I couldn't hear much of what the ref said so can't really comment on the Parra incident. He passed his HIA so we shouldn't be second guessing medical professionals. However Clermont has a history of this.

The shambles with the scrum at the end of the first half was a mess but I got the impression that the ref wasn't getting much help from the sideline and that there was a whole bunch of people trying to give their opinion.

I agree that Slimani should have seen red. Very similar to SBW in the 2nd Lions test.

I don't think it was a great performance by Whitehouse or his team but they weren't as bad as BT were making them out to be and Northampton were a lot worse than the BT guys would admit. I clearly heard someone say at half time "what sort of prick is Whitehouse". Couldn't identify who it was though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Pienaar being stretchered off in a bad way here... Hope he's alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,353 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Bad injury for Ruan Pienaar.

Hit his head off his own teammates hip. Being carried off in a neck brace.

Exeter Chiefs
    Clegg wrote: »
    Bad injury for Ruan Pienaar.

Hit his head off his own teammates hip. Being carried off in a neck brace.

Lot of the time these things are precautionary, lets hope it's the case here.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I don't think it was a great performance by Whitehouse or his team but they weren't as bad as BT were making them out to be and Northampton were a lot worse than the BT guys would admit. I clearly heard someone say at half time "what sort of prick is Whitehouse". Couldn't identify who it was though.

Oh absolutely. I thought he had a bad day but you'd swear he was riding Northampton the way they went on. He was just having a **** day, and seemed a bit frazzled by it all. Players from both sides didn't help. It was pathetic.

On the try I wasn't sure, but the BT guys were going nuts about it so I presumed they knew their stuff. I had no opinion either way. It looks like something which should be a penalty but the laws change so often.

• Advertisement

If there's any disciplinary proceedings.. it'll be completely internal, EPCR would be better off not even commenting I would think

Noone said anything about disciplinary proceedings, I'm talking about their production meeting.

Castres
    Exeter very much the better team so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

What happened on BT yesterday?

10-5 to Exeter with Mogg in the bin and Pienaar gone.

An Exeter win here would be a bad result for Leinster.

Castres
    Buer wrote: »
    10-5 to Exeter with Mogg in the bin and Pienaar gone.

An Exeter win here would be a bad result for Leinster.

Montpellier get a try, time for them to switch off for another 10 minutes!

Castres
    Two shambles of conversions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

surely i'm not the only one who thought nadolo knocked that on

Castres
    I thought Slade kind of ripped it out and it went back but hit nadolo’s knee or something and went forward again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

****ing hell, you could play a game of hurling in them in goal areas

• Advertisement

Racing 92
    Noone said anything about disciplinary proceedings, I'm talking about their production meeting.

Even less chance of something being said there I would think

Swan Curry wrote:
    surely i'm not the only one who thought nadolo knocked that on

Possibly but certainly not clear. Looked as much a rip by the defender as it did a knock on. I think they were right to give the try.

Castres
    That was a knock on however

Castres
    And that’s one of the worst plays I’ve ever seen

Even less chance of something being said there I would think

Well definitely not less chance of it being said at a production meeting that actually exists than a disciplinary process which doesn't

Jesse Mogg suffering that age-old embarrassment of the toilet paper stuck to the shoe

• Advertisement

For someone with 22 caps for at scrum half for Australia Nick White is quite ropey at passing.

Ian Whitten's descendants will be feeling that for generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

skip passes must be stopped

Racing 92
    Well definitely not less chance of it being said at a production meeting that actually exists than a disciplinary process which doesn't

An internal BT process...I'd be fairly sure that would actually exist

Castres
    Mogg is having a pretty poor game. Lot of poor execution.

• Advertisement

Exeter Chiefs
    Really good defence from Exeter there close in. Stopping their big carriers dead.

That's an unbelievable finish from Nadolo.

I refuse to believe the laws of physics allow for that try to have been scored. Rugby is scripted and that was CGI.

Castres
    Oh my god. Nadolo's try. Wow.

Benetton
    Me oh my I have enjoyed that yes boy

Exeter's lineout work has been quite dodgy today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Nadolo.

NA DO LO

Not f**king NANdolo.

How does a man as big as that place it so gracefully?

Castres
    Me oh my I have enjoyed that yes boy

this guy reddits

sigh. i hated typing that.

Castres
    Neil3030 wrote: »
    Nadolo.

NA DO LO

Not f**king NANdolo.

Are you sure this isn't a Tuilagi thing where it's actually pronounced Tuilangi despite the spelling...? Similarly Nandolo might be the correct regional pronunciation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement