Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching over to AIB and requested account closure & transfer of direct debits, but.

Options
  • 11-10-2017 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I requested that the account be closed and all direct debits be transferred to my new AIB accounts (debit & savings), via a letter I signed at the AIB branch. They assured me they'd forward the letter to my BoI branch and things would be taken care of without further action on my part. 

The specified account closure date was this Monday but it is now Wednesday and my BoI accounts are still open and no transfers to my new AIB accounts have been made. All direct debits appear to still be on the BoI accounts as well. Any ETA on when the switching over will happen and my accounts will be closed? Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi JanScott,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

You would need to contact the AIB switching team for any updates on the switch as they would need to address these issues. 

Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Kareana   

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JanScott

Thank you Kareana!

Advertisement