Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wooden Geared clock Build.

• 11-10-2017 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Nearly finished my 2nd wooden clock.
    Still fine tuning it before a strip down for finish.

I plan to inlay 1/4" brass strips into the face at 12 3 6 & 9 . Never done inlay before , should be fun.

Runs on 9 volts , pendulum pushed along at bace from a coil I built from scratch.

Frame & base made from 3/4" teak I found, face made from Elm, little claws made from an old oak kitchen press door I found in the bin. Gears made from special Baltic birch from a German suppler.

Going to finish the lot with Danish Oil. May veneer the end grain on the base also as it may go too dark with oil. Never done that before also

Comments

Advertisement