Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Dublin have an equivalent of Cork's English Market?

Options
  • 11-10-2017 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am looking for something like the English Market or the average farmers' market that sells quality products that are also inexpensive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Not exactly the same but there are a few places that aren't bad.

Honest 2 Goodness in Glasnevin on Saturday Mornings,
    Temple Bar food market on Saturdays
    The market in Newmarket Square.

I heard there was plans to open something similar where the fruit markets are in Dublin 7 but not sure if that's true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Reese123

Thanks a lot. I will definitely check those out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Not exactly the same but there are a few places that aren't bad.

Honest 2 Goodness in Glasnevin on Saturday Mornings,
    Temple Bar food market on Saturdays
    The market in Newmarket Square.

I heard there was plans to open something similar where the fruit markets are in Dublin 7 but not sure if that's true or not.

Smithfield regeneration includes plans for an open air market. Something the city is severely lacking. Although i'd have my doubts about the tradeoff between quality and price which no doubt will be an issue should a location get off the ground.

Advertisement