Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress theme for sports club that sources data from a facebook feed

• 11-10-2017 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hello,
    Does anyone know of a wordpress themes that incorporates data from a facebook feed as its primary input. We don't expect our site to have many posts added to it, most of our club news is posted on facebook.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

A plugin is probably the best way to achieve this.

Having said that, I think that it is worth having both, with the website as the primary place. It can also have info about the club, more than you'd fit on Facebook.
    For my residents association we have a website and Facebook page. I post very short things on Facebook only but for longer items (and they aren't very long) I write them on the website and then go to Facebook and post a link to the website item.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭thebackbar

daymobrew wrote: »
    A plugin is probably the best way to achieve this.

Having said that, I think that it is worth having both, with the website as the primary place. It can also have info about the club, more than you'd fit on Facebook.
    For my residents association we have a website and Facebook page. I post very short things on Facebook only but for longer items (and they aren't very long) I write them on the website and then go to Facebook and post a link to the website item.
    For the static information i plan to use wordpress pages, but i want to avoid using wordpress posts, most of our contributors find it much easier to add information using facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Ok.
    Another option, though needs a bit of work, is email to post e.g. https://wordpress.org/plugins/postie/

Try the Custom Facebook Feed plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-facebook-feed/

Advertisement