Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 Saab 93 150bhp

Options
  • 11-10-2017 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

im back on again looking for a car, anything else i like gets snapped up quick, im only free weekends. So i seen 2 Saab's i like. Both 08 with 150bhp. The one i prefer is the linear sport one. Only downside is the tax is 570 but that's still not bad. Has anyone any issues i should look for on these cars
    I know members of bangernomics are fans of these

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Saab 93

NWE4MDcyZGFkOTM4OTNlNDZmMGI2MThhYTNmYTk0M2ECoUGAJ_j9lP2zo4Whyc7xaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NTEyNjA2OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

looking at this car tomorrow, any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Saabs are very comfortable and usually has a lot of gadgets.
    Press ALL the buttons to check they work and do what they should do.

Read Saab forums like http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=24606

and check out youtube reviews

they seem to be issues with older models, hopefully post 07 are better cars

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I seem to remember something about swirl flaps on the 150ps versions being more of an issue than the 120ps engine.

Apart from that they were reliable enough cars with the coolest cupholder ever, and the option to turn all the display off at the touch of a button if you preferred that in the dark.

any way to check if swirl flaps are failing or anyting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you really need a daysul?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Only downside is the tax is 570

How is that a downside for a a great car like a Saab 93?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The facelift ones really look great in red.

Not sure what the spec is like on them. It’s the Linear Sport which was the popular spec in Ireland back then. I know the old linear had an awful speaker system, hopefully the linear sport is better.

Keep in mind it’s a year since it was tested so there may be issues that have come up in the meantime.

biko wrote: »
    Do you really need a daysul?
    Yes i could do 15 to 20k miles a year. Could be more, all depends on job

So went to look at it. In good condition. Wasn't expecting it to be. You can tell it was sitting a while tho. Other than that, it drive really well. No smoking, plenty of power, went straight etc. Only fault I could find was a clicking noise when i wiggled the steering wheel. Couldn't pin point where it was coming from tho. Made a deal with dealer. He will check and fix that clicking noise and fresh nct on it. Happy with car, won't have it for 2 weeks but it will be a sound car. Thanks for help boardies :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement